Lancaster, Pennsylvania - HybridRelocation offered:
No Employment status:
The estimated base salary range for this role is "$55,950 to $83,930" per year.
Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factorsWhat does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
Reporting to the Manager, Architectural Specialties FP&A, the Accounting Analyst - Architectural Specialties, is responsible for partnering with the FP&A Manager to help drive consistency in analytics across the Architectural Specialties (AS) business.
The person in this role will be able to build relationships across all functions of the AS business to identify, address and deliver key analytical needs in a concise and efficient manner. This person will need to be resourceful and a self-starter with a mindset for continuous improvement and customer service. This person will also be flexible and adaptable during changing business conditions. The incumbent must exhibit strong follow-through capability to take ownership of projects and issues and seeing them through to completion. The role is structured as a developmental opportunity to provide the successful candidate with business partnership experience, an enhanced analytical skillset, and the ability to develop and execute complex projects.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares and distributes actionable reporting and analysis to support the business's understanding of results to better deliver on financial goals.
- Assists AS Finance in partnering with business leaders to aggregate data and variance analysis for order intake, order backlog, sales performance
- Prepares and distributes comprehensive analytical and reporting package for use by senior and executive leadership complete with analysis related to order intake, order backlog, sales performance, manufacturing performance and SG&A spending.
- Orchestrates the planning, inputs and deliverables across the base business and subsidiary network for our quarterly estimate process and annual budgeting process.
- Performs financial accounting closing by creating, posting, and monitoring journal entries and accruals covering specific general ledger and manufacturing accounting functions
- Develops improved processes for consolidating full-contribution subsidiary results.
- Leverages digital technology to recommend, develop and implement changes to continually improve processes, drive standardization, and reduce non-value-added work.
- Provide support with M&A integration activities including by not limited to measurement of financial performance relative to business cases, mapping trial balances to reporting consolidation systems, identifyinthe g gaps in internal control structure, establishing new accounting processes.
- Review subsidiary results for issues, abnormalities, and errors during monthly consolidation of results
- Creates PowerPoint slides for Director, AS Finance to be presented to the AS leadership team and/or AWI executive team.
- Performs quarterly revenue recognition process
- Works with NPD/Marketing/Plants to develop CIAs
- Assists with misc. tasks at plants as capacity allows (fixed asset inventory, physical inventory, etc.)
- Provide SOX compliance and internal/external audit support as needed
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable candidates with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to exercise free judgment to ascertain the reasonableness and accuracy of information.
- Expertise in SAP/ BW/OneStream environment.
- Advanced capability in MS Office Suite - particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other groups within the company.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Capable of working singly and managing multiple priorities; must be a self-starter and take the initiative in completing projects and assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to share knowledge at appropriate levels of the organization.
- Customer focused with strong attention to detail and capable of delivering accurate, quality results in a timely, consistent, and professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact comfortably and respectfully with all levels of personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five plus years of financial reporting and/or public accounting experience
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
- Experience with SAP, OneStream, and Business Warehouse
- CPA or MBA a plus
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.Our Sustainability Ambition"Bringing our Purpose to Life"
- lead a transformation in the design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
About the location (Lancaster PA)
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders; and
- Making a positive difference in the environments and communities we impact.
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites, B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and restaurants.
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.Come and build your future with us and apply today!Job Segment:
Architecture, SAP, ERP, Accounting, Recruiting, Engineering, Technology, Finance, Human Resources