Ambulatory Surgical Technologist- Wilkes-Barre (12hour shift)Location:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Days Work Type:
GSWB Surgical Suite TeamDate Posted:
Job Summary Assists surgeon with procedures related to the care of patients of all ages during surgical intervention.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other disciplines.
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical timeout.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating Registered Nurse and surgeon for operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges, needles and instruments, per policy.
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during the surgical procedure.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment for each individual surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles, and sharps in appropriate containers.
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as instructed by the Registered Nurse and Surgeon.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during the intra-operative phase.
- Cleans and prepares room between procedures and organizes effectively for end-of-case cleanup.
- Reports to the Registered Nurse, reactions, results of procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's condition.
- Documents pertinent medical information and initiates emergency procedures where indicated.
- Restocks Operating rooms, monitors inventory and pulls case supplies for the following day.
- Assists in the training of new personnel in the primary area of responsibility.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
We re proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.