Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
10 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
We wish to recruit one staff to work 10 hours on Saturday and one on Sunday. Hours would be 7-5:30.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
- Under the direction of the Crisis Intervention Coordinator and Inpatient Psychiatric Unit Medical Director, this position is responsible for the timely evaluation and initial treatment of Emergency Department patients, that present in psychiatric crisis.
- Works in collaboration with Emergency Department staff and the on-call Psychiatrist, to develop a care plan that includes appropriate disposition of the patient based on patient condition and available resources within and outside the Hospital.
- Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the age-specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care.
- Join an established interdisciplinary team that supports clinicians through, biweekly 1:1 clinical supervision, daily team huddles to review cases and interact with colleagues, professional development opportunities, committed focus on employee wellbeing, work-life balance, and professional growth, regular engagement with Department Medical Director & Administrator.
- The Crisis Worker assesses patients in acute crisis situations due to mental health and/or addictions in a 10 bed Crisis Unit in the Emergency Department of a small community hospital.
- The Crisis Worker is responsible for the timely evaluation, treatment and discharge of child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Crisis staff work in collaboration with Emergency Department and Inpatient/Outpatient behavioral health providers to develop a care plan that includes appropriate disposition based on patient condition and available resources within and outside the Hospital.
- This is the perfect position for an LCSW clinician who excels at crisis intervention and is looking for a challenging clinical experience within a fast growing and supportive behavioral health department.
- Master's Degree in Social Work. State of Connecticut licensure required (LCSW).
- One or more years' experience providing crisis intervention services in a behavioral health setting.
- Experience with dual diagnosis, children, adolescents and geriatric populations preferred.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte Hungerford Hospital provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
- Stress free commute; free parking and no shuttles
- Staff kitchen
- Individual offices for full-time clinicians
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.