This role is responsible for the accurate recording of all day-to-day financial transactions for our clients on Xero.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Process purchase ledger and sales ledger transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and report on all company direct debits and standing orders.
- Manage the dedicated client inbox, act on a client query immediately and work through to resolution.
- Monitor and report on client ledgers and credit limits.
- Process and submit VAT returns.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Ensure the year-end files are completed on time with backup schedules to support balance sheet figures.
- Assist the management accountant with reconciliations and up to date statements for the reporting of debtors.
- Record cash receipts and handle bank deposits.
- Preparation of information and schedules for auditors.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet reports.
- Post capital expenditure and ensure all depreciation policies are followed.
- Regular reporting on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Provide regular debtor reports for Board review.
- Administrative support to the business owner as required.
You will be methodical, client-focused with a can-do attitude and excellent communication skills.
You will be passionate about consistently delivering an exceptional customer experience.
You will pride yourself on your high standards and natural problem-solving skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- AAT or ACCA or ICB qualified or part qualified or QBE.
- Proven commercial experience working as a bookkeeper on fast-paced, high-volume clients.
- Experience using Xero.
- Strong IT skills including Excel.
- Self-motivated, able to demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility.
- Clear communication and excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timescales whilst not affecting the quality of work produced.
- Create a positive impression with clients and the team.
Company Overview -
We are a full-service bookkeeping firm in Berkshire that has been operating since 2014.
We provide a comprehensive suite of financial services including bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and CIS returns, management accounts, advisory, and forecasting.
Our mission is simple: To help small and medium-sized businesses, particularly newly incorporated Limited Companies, ease their burden and scale effectively.
Although we can work with businesses from a wide range of niches, we specialise in the retail and construction industry.
Our Core Values
Our team is passionate about playing an integral role in helping equally ambitious businesses grow and achieve their full potential. We are guided by a shared core ethos, and this set of fundamental beliefs governs all our dealings with our clients.
Here are the core values we uphold:
- We solve problems - We are natural problem solvers. As a results-oriented bookkeeping firm, our focus is to provide practical and innovative solutions that address pain points and generate desired results.
- We are honest - We greatly value integrity and accountability, so everything we do is above board and within the law. Further, the secret behind our continued success is our solid relationships with clients built on honesty, transparency, and trust.
- We are approachable - Our team takes on a personalised approach and works closely with you to provide the support you need. We are a nice and friendly bunch, and you can count on us to help you in any way that we can.
- We are proactive - We are not your typical bookkeeping firm in Berkshire that only gets in the picture when there's an issue. We don't just get the work done and hit deadlines- we go the extra mile by adding value wherever we can, helping you save time and money.
- We protect you - We genuinely care about our clients, so we make sure that we get your accounts and taxes right. Our team will help you navigate any issues with the HMRC, allowing you to focus on what you do best and grow your business.
- We enjoy what we do - We are passionate about what we do and want you to love working with us too. We have a hunger to learn and constantly strive to improve our services.
What we offer
An excellent opportunity for an exceptional person to make an impact on our business. In return, you will be supported to maximise your potential.
- 40 hours a week - we offer flexible working hours and a combination of office and remote working.
- Competitive salary of £25,000.00 to £28,000.00 per annum dependent on experience
- Free parking