Purpose of Job We are seeking a hardworking Business Intelligence Analyst Lead for either our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL or Charlotte, NC facility. This person may also work remotely in a Remote Work Environment.
Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for training and/or meetings.
The ideal candidate will have a strong data analysis background, technical skill, in-depth understanding of the data development life cycle, passion for data quality and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will work alongside Reporting Analysts, Quantitative Risk Analysts, Information Governance Advisors, and IT to discover, gather, and build advanced data and data structures. The candidate will use data intelligence skills and techniques to assess, monitor, and improve data-driven processes within the Enterprise BSA/AML Regulatory Program. The role manages and analyzes information using a variety of techniques and tools in alignment with USAA's Enterprise Information Standards, acts as trusted data visualization advisor to the partner/end-user in or to drive business value, and provides through leadership and system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions
Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Creates specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May provide consultation to users and lead multi-functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs. Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Leads and participates in capturing complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Uses a sophisticated understanding of multiple data structures and sources to lead the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization standard methodologies - often selecting the right data tool for the job to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to enhance the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the partner/end-user in-order to drive business value. Provides system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- May serve as an Agile champion who is responsible for the methodology, execution, and team education on standard processes.
- May provide internal team leadership by providing guidance on business intelligence tools, techniques, and processes.
- Prioritizes, assigns, and monitors work assignments under the direction of management.
- Influences and drives Business Intelligence maturation across the Data & Analytic community.
- Actively participates in industry, COE, or other discipline-relevant groups/panels to stay ahead of industry trends and share standard methodologies with team.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science, or other business-related field OR 4 years' work experience in statistics, mathematics or quantitative analytics or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required. (12 years total in lieu of a degree)
- 6 years of data & analytics experience; OR 4 years of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 6 years combined experience; OR Advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative field and 4 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of innovative approaches to address moderately complex business problems and solutions.
- Advanced experience developing business work that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Proven, expert ability to demonstrate or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Demonstrated the ability to embed intuitive story telling within the business intelligence solutions and platforms including concise presentation of complex technical details.
- 2 or more years working within an Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, or Sanctions regulatory environment
- 5 or more years of demonstrated ability working within the data development life cycle and information management principles (ETL/ELT process, SDLC, metadata management, data quality, etc.).
- Experience in SQL, Database technologies (Oracle, DB2, Netezza etc.), Java, Python, Hadoop.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (i.e., Snowflake)
- 2 or more years working knowledge of NICE Actimize and/or LexisNexis Bridger
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200-$175,000.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.