Apply for this job now
Care Assistant (Days or Nights )
- Sundridge, Kent
- 2 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
*Care Assistant (Homemaker)*
Read the overview of this opportunity to understand what skills, including and relevant soft skills and software package proficiencies, are required.
*Be All You Can Be With Hamberley*
A Homemaker is a unique role for a unique person. We believe that our residents deserve something Extra Special, Every Day'. And at the heart of this model are our Homemakers - healthcare assistants with a difference.
Homemakers are more than care assistants - they are carers, housekeepers, and companions all in one. They take the time to get to know our residents and are trusted to give each individual the care they need, in the way they like.
*Join us at Sevenoak's most stunning care home*
Nesbit House is a luxurious care home in Sevenoaks, part of the award-winning Hamberley Care Homes - offering luxury care homes in beautiful locations throughout the UK. Residents live in spacious, stylish ensuite rooms, and enjoy beautifully furnished shared spaces and landscaped gardens.
*Be different - be a Homemaker*
- *Generous, above market-rate pay.*
- *A varied role where no two days are the same.* Homemakers care for individual people in the way a family member might care for someone in their home. We don't do timetabled task-based care - we care for each individual in the way that works best for them. Whether that's administering medication, helping make someone's bed, arranging a family meal with their loved ones or taking them to the beauty salon, you'll always be doing something different. Our Homemakers focus on the tiny details that make our residents unique, and tailor care to each and every individual.
- *A chance to make a real difference to our residents' lives.* Often healthcare assistants, care assistants and domiciliary care assistants find they don't get to spend enough time with the people they care for to make a real difference. Not at Hamberley. As a Homemaker you have fewer people to care for, but you spend more time with them. It's a more satisfying and fulfilling role that is better for our residents. That's why the model has won awards.
- *Excellent opportunities for learning and development.* We will support you with all the training you need, including NVQ qualifications and further clinical training if you want to specialise in areas like dementia and nutrition.
- *Supportive team environment.* Being kind and supportive to each other is key to our ability to show kindness and companionship to our residents. We truly believe this across all parts of our organisation. It's just one of the reasons that, when people join us, they stay with us.
*We offer our Homemakers: *
*We offer Sponsorship to candidates who meet the criteria*
- £10.20 - £11.50 per hour
- Contracted hours - part and full-time available
- 12-hour shifts
- Enhanced overtime rate available
- Quality bonus scheme linked to CQC Rating
- Casual dress. Because we want both you and our residents to feel comfortable and at home, Homemakers don't wear uniforms.
*Could you be part of our team?*
We provide full training and induction, so we're more interested in you as a person than your specific care experience.
You may have experience as a healthcare, care or domiciliary care assistant, and are looking for a different approach, a nicer work environment and a more satisfying role.
If you have no work experience in care but are interested in helping people live happy lives, we'll guide you to a fantastic career through our Hamberley Care Home Training Roadmap.
What is important is that you have passion, empathy and dedication to help our residents live their lives to the fullest. We will support you with everything else!
We respect and value our residents and each other. At Hamberley Care Homes, we believe in the importance of what we do and why we do it. Creative and empowered, our people see every day as an opportunity for growth and development. We make ideas happen. Together we can achieve anything. Be part of it!
The award-winning Hamberley Care Group is changing the way that elderly care is delivered through our luxury homes across the UK. Fast-growing and innovative, we're opening five new homes in 2022. Recognised for our exceptional approach to care, we were chosen as Residential Care Provider of the Year in 2019 and 2022.
*You are required to have the Right to Work in the UK *
*Hamberley Care Homes offer sponsorship (terms&conditions apply)*
*Valid proof of Covid 19 Vaccinations or exemption*
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 22 per week
Salary: £10.20 per hour
* 12 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* Care home: 1 year (required)
* right to work in the UK? (required)
* proof of Covid 19 vaccinations or exemption? (required)
- Job Reference: 675147900-2
- Date Posted: 2 August 2022
- Recruiter: Hamberley Care Homes
- Location: Sundridge, Kent
- Salary: On Application