Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: £22,000 + On-Call Payments
Job Reference: SALISBURY/CC/99
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and fast-paced homecare team covering the Salisbury area. We have a large homecare office based in Salisbury that covers Amesbury, Tidworth and Winchester and this role would be part of the team responsible for overseeing the Salisbury area. If you're motivated by making a difference in people's lives and passionate about providing good care, then this could be the role for you.
Benefits of the role:
- Salary £22,000 + On-Call Payments
- Target driven bonus and incentive schemes.
- Company-paid healthcare cash plans including free dental care, optical care, prescriptions, physio and more.
- Company discounts scheme for many high street retailers.
- Discounted gym memberships at over 3,000 sites.
- Employee assistance programme - 24-hour access to confidential advice and counselling.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave, rising every year up to 33 days + your birthday off
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Ongoing mentoring and training, including access to fully funded NVQ's and distance learning.
- A professional, but a fun working environment with a big emphasis on teamwork.
The main duties of the role:
- Be the first point of contact for both new and existing Service Users and Care Workers.
- Effectively handle initial enquiries from prospective service users and their families.
- Rostering staff to provide a safe delivery of service to clients.
- Liaise with other professionals involved in service users' care.
- Assisting with recruiting new care workers to the team.
- Monitor care workers and carry out supervisions and appraisals.
- Supporting the effective handling of safeguarding, incidents, and complaints as required.
- Ensure the service is working within the standards expected by the CQC.
What we are looking for in the successful candidate:
- A good communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Flexible to cope with changing demands and priorities, remaining calm under pressure.
- Well organised with the ability to multitask.
- A Friendly, confident and helpful telephone manner.
- A person with a strong focus on teamwork, and also have the ability to work independently and apply initiative.
- A person with a positive, focused attitude to enable targets to be met and exceeded.
- A driver.
The office has been fully risk assessed to ensure COVID safe working ways can be adhered to. The office is regularly cleaned, social distancing is in place and PPE is available. Weekly PCR testing amongst Care Workers and the office staff is also completed.
Nurseplus is a national company with a network of branches across the UK. We are committed to supporting our workforce to ensure they have the right skills to do their job and enable them to develop themselves and their careers.