Are you an experienced Registered Nurse looking for a new opportunity to work in an organisation that will help to develop you to achieve your goals to become the best you can be? If so, a career as a Charge Nurse could be for you!
As a Charge Nurse, you will lead and coordinate the quality and management you will ensure people with Mental Health conditions receive high-quality care, while also supporting your colleagues and promote good teamwork. You'll join the team at The Spinney as a Mental Health nurse working 37.5 hours per week (12.5 hour shifts), where you will change lives for the better.
With previous experience from the NHS or private sector, you will be responsible for the clinical environment and managing the clinical services throughout the wards and units. Your career within Elysium will be enjoyable and rewarding as you develop specialist skills and make a real difference for some of the most vulnerable people in society. It's a career that you can take pride in and enjoy. It's what delivering great healthcare should feel like. The safety of our service users and colleagues is our priority and as such we encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.Other responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the safe and effective clinical and operational functioning of a defined unit
- Provide clinical leadership to a defined staff group
- Provide support, guidance and supervision to staff
- Develop and create an environment that supports competent ethical nursing care
- Influence work objectives, planning and organisation
- Develop and implement strategies to facilitate effective communication pathways You will need:
- Relevant experience as RMN/RNMH/RNLD is desirable
- Professional training in a similar environment
- Recognised mentorship certification and an NVQ Assessor Qualification
- Administrative, planning and organisational skills
- Knowledge of the organisational policies and procedures
Where you will be working:
Location: Everest Road, Atherton, Manchester, M46 9NT You will be working at The Spinney, a service which offer a range of care settings for men with personality disorder and/or mental illness. The purpose-built medium, low secure and rehabilitation wards, as well as a psychiatric intensive care unit (PICU) are all set within an 11 acre site with extensive woodland and landscaped areas.You will be working alongside a multidisciplinary team at The Spinney who have previously been recognised by the Association of Psychological Therapies (APT) for their ability to reinforce positive behaviour, prevention of challenging behaviour and successful interventions in a secure care setting.
What you will get: Annual salary of £42,206 (37,5 hours per week)The equivalent of 33 days annual leave - plus your birthday off! Free meals and parking Wellbeing support and activities Career development and training Pension contribution Life Assurance Enhanced Maternity Package