The Construction Manager is a key member of the leadership team and will report to the Vice President of Properties and Construction. Lead projects and project team from initial Master Planning through Concept Design, Schematic design, Design Development, Construction administration, quality control and project closeout. Overall management and coordination of construction projects, new construction and major renovations; including procurement of Architectural and Engineering services, Construction Management firms and Otterbein held contractors and consultants. Work closely with Executive Leadership Team providing construction progress updates, cost control, schedule management and project reporting. Travel to project worksites and regional team meetings throughout Ohio and Indiana.
- The Construction Manager is responsible for daily coordination and oversight of multiple construction projects and renovations.
- Manage the bid, negotiation and contract award Perform interviews, scope reviews and evaluate qualifications.
- Develop Budgeting and cost estimating; perform takeoffs - engage General Contractors as necessary for cost and scheduling input.
- Master Schedule Development.
- Develop request for proposals (RFP).
- Develop knowledge of local building codes, zoning ordinances, rules, regulations and jurisdictional requirements (city, county, state,).
- Prepare zoning and building permit submissions and procurement.
- Coordinate with Utility providers (gas, water, electric, sanitary sewer, storm water, etc.).
- Review design documents for accuracy, constructability and value engineering.
- Change order management, cost control, scope accuracy and schedule delays.
- Review RFIs and submittals for cost or schedule impacts.
- Create, manage and monitor adherence to safety and quality control programs.
- Campus communications - system shut downs, traffic control.
- Risk management, certificates of insurance, builders Risk policies.
- Coordinate Otterbein's vendors or other contractors for installation of equipment, infrastructure, security, access control, nurse call, CCTV and telecommunication systems.
- Evaluate pencil draws, payment applications and process project invoices; collect lien releases, conditional and unconditional waivers and documentation related to payments of the project.
- Prepare Certificates of Substantial Completion and secure Certificates of Occupancy.
- Punchlist development.
- Manage close-out process, training, equipment startup and systems operations.
- Keep Otterbein executive leadership and the entire Project Team informed at all times regarding progress, potential problems, risks and project costs
- Provide monthly cost at completion reporting.
- Attend Bi-weekly construction project team meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field with minimum 1-3 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and building materials; ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Develops and maintains successful oversight and build strong successful relationships with contractors, Architects, engineers and consultants.
Why work for Otterbein SeniorLife:
For more than 100 years, Otterbein has provided senior housing options rooted in respect and community. We're a non-profit 501(c)(3) health and human service organization, so our values and initiatives are focused on serving our residents.
Otterbein SeniorLife consists of lifestyle communities, revolutionary small house neighborhoods, home health, and hospice care in Ohio and Indiana. We offer different lifestyle options for seniors through independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, rehab, memory support, respite care, in-home care, and hospice services.
Person Centered Care
Low staff-to-resident ratio
Career growth opportunities
Strong promote from within philosophy
Access to daily pay
Company-paid STNA classes
Modern, state-of-the-art communities
Safety programs in place
Benefits (vary based on position, location, and hours worked)
Apply from your phone! Text OTTER to 89743
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we supply PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to keep you and our residents safe. Additionally, we have implemented stronger infection control and testing procedures in all Otterbein locations.
Apply today and begin a meaningful career as an Construction Manager at Otterbein!