Reports to: VP, Workforce Management and Strategy
Location: Ohio or Indiana remote; Lebanon, OH in Home Office, preferred
In keeping with our United Methodist tradition, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals. This role contributes to this process primarily through ensuring that the organization has systems and structures in place to staff the ministry.
Monitors and analyzes staffing/scheduling/floor practices across all Otterbein and develops cost-effective strategies to optimize staffing and best practices resulting in high quality care in a 24/7 operation. Ensures effective scheduling systems and practices are established that accommodate today's workforce desires for flexibility and multiple position types, i.e. full time, part-time, floats, on demand, etc. Ensures systems can quickly and cost effectively fill shifts when call offs occur. Utilizes schedule to forecast open shifts and positions for recruiting. Establishes and manages workforce analytics and reports to drive positive operating management.
Apply from your phone! Text OTTER to 89743
- Provide leadership for all scheduling functions within the organization
- Work mostly with site leaders and their leadership teams to understand and support the staffing and scheduling needs of each location.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Leader and Staffing Agency Director to ensure that the required talent pipelines are consistently producing the resources to meet the workforce needs.
- Maximize utilization of the scheduling software including mobile friendly
- Develop and implement strategies for adequate staffing levels for each location cost effectively relative to census
- Develop and manage labor statistics for the organization to decrease labor overages, overtime, agency usage
- Provide Key Performance Indicator Data for Quality Improvement
- Collaborate with IT and HR to oversee the integration between time and attendance and scheduling software
- Select appropriate software and/or integrate current software systems, e.g. UKG (Kronos) and OnShift
- Provide training and support for all levels of the organization to ensure use and outcomes
- Provide input into cross departmental policy and structural designs
- Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures across all levels of the organization
- Monitor and identify opportunities for continuous improvement related to workforce management programs and practices.
- Stay informed of external best practices related to advancements in workforce planning and management technology.
- Education: BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant workforce management experience required.
- Experience in healthcare systems or other 24/7 operations preferred.
- Experience/expertise in OnShift or UKG Dimensions a significant plus
Special Skills and Requirements
- Strong analytical experience in terms of workforce data, research and trend analysis, including ROI.
- In touch with desires, needs and wants of the workforce of today
- Expert knowledge of workforce scheduling and branding technology that provides a competitive advantage
- Understands regulatory environments and consequences of non-compliance
- Detail oriented and have excellent literacy and writing, documentation, communications and interpersonal abilities.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Medical insurance with free virtual doctor visits
- Vision and dental insurance
- Paid Time off that accrues immediately
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance
- Retirements Savings with a 401(k) or 403(b) with company match
- Get access to 50% of your wages before pay day through PayActiv
- Employee sponsored fund for employees in need
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
Apply today and begin a meaningful career as our Corporate Director, Workforce Management and Scheduling at Otterbein!