Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
As part of the CRM & Sales Tools team within the Merchant line of business, you will be a key part in the Product ownership of the CRM & Sales Tools backlog to help with the overall strategy of enabling CRM tools to Sales, Marketing, Demand Generation, Customer Support and other supporting company departments to maximise operational leverage in serving our customers globally.
What you will be doing
In this role you will work with the business and Sales Operations to improve Salesforce & sales tools through creating user stories, building out functional and technical requirements and working with the CRM development team to ensure delivery of enhancements. The role will work closely with the Scrum Master to ensure resourcing, prioritisation and delivery updates are provided for visibility to the business. Helping to guide the business on the vision through innovating through process automation and enabling world-class tools.
General duties & responsibilities
- Works with stakeholders to understand business problem statements and convert them into user stories.
- Articulates product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams.
- Manages backlog of user stories for one or more products.
- Establishes user story acceptance criteria, accepts user stories, refines stories with Scrum teams:
- Identifying initial requirements from the business - if a Change Request (CR) is submitted, taking what stakeholders have requested and breaking it down in to operational requirements (we can do training if helpful)
- Operational requirements generally consists of the high level objective of the change, rather than the technical config breakdown
- Technical requirements will be generated with the support of your squad but the records are still owned and maintained by PO
- Where gaps in requirements, identifying those and using refinement to rectify them - PO should be aware of which items need more detail and what detail they are missing, this then feeds in to who should be involved in refinement
- Ensuring items readiness for sprint by having the detail required for the CR to be actionable - this includes requirements documented clearly on the CR and giving your go-ahead for completion by changes status to Authority to Proceed'
- Working alongside the Salesforce team to develop those requirements in to a design - PO should own the record and the actions to keep it updated
- Acting as the connector between the business/stakeholders and the technical team - PO owns relationships, they are the customer' facing lead for the squad
- Determining priority of your backlog to understand what should be added to coming sprint - this will take some time to develop but something we should be thinking about already
- When working with a 3rd Party vendor - We need to document/track what they are working on and developing so we have a record of their design to problem solve any potential future issues.
- Reviews and provides feedback on test plans to ensure application changes meet acceptance criteria.
- Monitors the development progress and provides updates to stakeholders, as requested.
- Applies Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product.
- Leads planning and review meetings to communicate feedback on development achievements.
Bachelor's degree and three years Fintech operational product experience/knowledge. The Certified Scrum Product Owner professional certification is preferred, but not required.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of Salesforce and sales automation tools beneficial
Knowledge of FIS products and services or similar Fintech solutions
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and systems development environment experience are preferred
Strong negotiation, organization, management, analytical and people skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
#LI-Remote OR #LI-Hybrid OR #LI-onsite
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.