Our Financial Services client is looking for a highly skilled Data Protection Practitioner to join their Midlands or Edinburgh based team for a 6 months initial contract.
THIS ROLE SITS INSIDE IR35
What you'll be doing:
- Working as part of a team of Data Protection Consultants to provide all areas of the Group with insightful advice on compliance with the UK's data protection regime (including DPA 2018, UK & EU GDPR, PECR).
- Develop, implement, and maintain guidelines, training, and associated materials to help the Group identify, manage, monitor, and report on data protection risks in line with internal data protection policies.
- Contribute to Data Protection MI and communicate the risk position through risk governance reporting.
- Promote data protection compliance through effective two-way relationships across the Group, understanding business needs and helping embed a strong data protection culture.
- Actively manage the assurance and oversight of our strategic and critical suppliers and build effective external working relationships.
- Develop, undertake and report assurance activity as part of our Line 2 oversight obligations.
- Manage data protection incidents, liaising with the regulator as appropriate, and ensuring the business takes a risk-based and compliant approach to remediation.
- Provide advice and oversight of key data protection activity within the Group, e.g. responses to subject rights requests, data protection complaints, and privacy impact assessments to ensure they are managed effectively.
- Support the Group's response to changes in data protection legislation and threat landscape.
What are we looking for?
- In-depth understanding of national and European data protection laws and practices covering the Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), and General Data Protection Regulation, including associated legislation and guidance.
- Proven Data Protection experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work autonomously with strong organisational skills.
- Solid stakeholder management skills at all levels within an organisation.
- Proactive, flexible with lateral thinking skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player with a collaborative approach.
if your intresed please submit your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age