Takeda is advancing an exciting product pipeline and wants to ensure that we have the infrastructure and talent in place to support it. Our overall goal is to get our therapeutics to patients safely and quickly via an optimized operational model and integrated clinical data pipeline.
The Data / Solutions Architect will lead the design and delivery of data pipelines and platforms for structured and unstructured data as part of a transformational data program. This data program will include an integrated data flow with end-to end control of data, internalization of numerous systems and processes, broad enablement of automation and near-time data access, efficient data review and query, and enablement of disruptive technologies for next-generation trial designs and insight derivation. As a Data Architect you will:
Delivery & Business Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the strategy for managing Takeda's clinical and operational data.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the technologies, standards, processes and architectures for data across the enterprise.
- Use technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights that can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing mission problem.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE:
- Coordinate with business analysts, solution architects, developers, and data engineers to understand requirements and create logical and physical data model designs optimized for target data environments
- Lead the design, development, implementation and maintenance of complex data systems and solutions in alignment with target state architecture and target state
- Organize and design optimal data architecture and data integration designs working collaboratively with business analysts and data engineers
- Assist in implementing data architecture guidelines, standards, and processes; educate and mentor data engineers and developers on data architecture best practices, use of guidelines, standards, and processes
- Analyze and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations and leverage foundational comprehension of mathematical and statistical concepts, algorithm development, feature engineering, model selection, training testing and validation of different models, pipeline generation, and domain expertise to bridge the gap between decision makers and technical experts, ensuring data or modeling solutions meet business requirements.
- Extract qualitative and quantitative relationships, including patterns and trends from a wide variety of data.
- Responsible for understanding emerging and evolving end user usage models and requirements, documenting those usage models and business, technical and user requirements and designing a solutions architecture to meet those requirements
- Ensure technology solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state
- Oversee end-to-end data life cycle management activities
- Work with IT teams, business analysts and business project leads to understand data consumers needs and develop business solutions
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics
- Partner with multiple management teams and product/ops partners to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS: Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Highly cross-functional role with broad scope of responsibilities
- High visibility and critical impact on the future of the business
- Seasoned with in-depth knowledge of product management in pharmaceutical industry
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Inspire, motivate and drive results
- Communicate effectively ideas and data verbally and in writing
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact overall R&D
- Seek input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Recommend, influence and implement organizational change and innovation
- Identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Serve as a role model, demonstrating respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Navigate in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Recognize and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years experience designing and implementing complex data architecture, integration and models on the AWS platform or other cloud platforms within global organizations. Healthcare/Pharma experience is a plus.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Lakes, BI Reporting and Dashboard development
- Experience in multiple database technologies such as distributed processing big Data platforms like AWS and services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift, PySpark etc.
- Experience with Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with Multiple NoSQL datastores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Neo4J)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to describe complex technical concepts in relatable terms.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple workstreams and confidence in making decisions about how to prioritize work efforts
- Data-driven mentality. Self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with a team
-In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
-Base Salary Range: $130,200 to $186,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
-This posting is made in compliance with Colorados Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. 8-5-101 et seq. EEO Statement Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law. Locations
Massachusetts - Virtual Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type