Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
8:30-5pm Monday through Friday. There may be a need for a later appointment occasionally to accommodate client need.
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
Child First is a model home-based early childhood intervention, embedded in a system of care, that works to decrease the incidence of serious emotional disturbance, developmental and learning problems, and abuse and neglect among the most vulnerable young children and families.
- Join an established and multicultural diverse interdisciplinary team at the Charlotte Hungerford Center for Youth and Families - a Nationally Accredited Child Advocacy Center - that provides a safe and therapeutic healing environment for children, teens, and their families.
- The children served in Child First range in age from prenatal up to 6 years of age.
- The Center for Youth and Families supports clinicians work by providing, weekly individual and team clinical supervision, weekly clinical group supervision to review cases and interact with colleagues, professional development opportunities that include training in the Child First model, Child-Parent Psychotherapy, and additional clinical topics, committed focus on employee wellbeing, work-life balance, and professional growth, and regular engagement with Department Medical Director & Administrator.
- The Child First Clinician engages with families and the Child First Care Coordinator in the collaborative assessment process.
- The clinician uses all available information to develop a thoughtful, well-integrated clinical formulation and Child and Family Plan of Care in partnership with the Care Coordinator and family.
- Provides Child First home-based psychotherapeutic intervention with young children and their caregivers using relational, dyadic psychotherapy (CPP) and other modalities.
- Helps caregivers gain insight regarding personal history, feelings for child, and current parenting practices.
- Averts crisis situations by assisting the family in times of urgent need in consultation with the Clinical Coordinator and Care Coordinator.
- Provides mental health and developmental assessment and consultation within early care and education setting and to other childhood providers.
- Keeps all appropriate documentation for clinical accountability and reimbursement.
- Career development and advancement is available for those who want to participate in department as well as Hartford Healthcare system committees.
- Experienced staff can explore opportunities to supervise clinicians in our intern program or potentially be selected to participate in leadership development training.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or M.S. in Counseling and current State of Connecticut licensure or license eligible as an LCSW, LMFT, or LPC.
- Clinical experience in a psychiatric setting working with young children and families preferred.
As a Hartford HealthCare entity, Charlotte Hungerford Hospital provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits package consisting of:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of hire, including six paid holidays
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount programs
- Stress free commute; free parking and no shuttles
- Staff kitchen
- Individual offices for full-time clinicians
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.