Apply for this job now
Engineering Technician 1st Shift FT
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Job Type
- 5 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
From comfortably casual to lavishly appointed, AHC Hospitality represents a diverse array of hotels, restaurants, and resorts. Our team members provide exceptional experiences that delight our guests at every touchpoint. Whether hosting a meeting for several hundred, serving a table for two, or creating a beautiful space for our guests to enjoy, AHC Hospitality is full of opportunities for our guests, as well as our associates. We invest in supporting your growth and are a company who sees your success as our success. Choose a property that fits your personality: the Amway Grand Plaza, JW Marriott Grand Rapids, AC Hotel by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott Downtown - and start your unstoppable career here.
This is a full time position with 1st shift hours. This position is eligible for full benefits (medical, dental & vision), 401K, paid vacation, discounted downtown parking, free employee meals, hotel and restaurant discounts and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential job duties and responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualification Requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Guest Rooms - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners and cosmetic items
2. Public Areas - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
3. Fire Alarm/Life Safety System - to monitor and perform test systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
4. Energy Conservation - to observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
5. Tools - to clean, lubricate, protect and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
6. Emergencies - to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
7. Accident Prevention and Safety - to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
8. Records - to read, log, track and interpret readings from meters, gauges and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
9. Departmental Duties - to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
10. General - Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
- Job Reference: 678573895-2
- Date Posted: 5 August 2022
- Recruiter: jw marriott hotel grand rapids
- Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent