The post-holder will provide a comprehensive service to the University's academic and administrative community on issues relating to grant and contract applications for research and innovation (R&I)-related funding opportunities.
The post-holder will provide advice and guidance to academic applicants about costs for proposals. They will ensure that all applications for funding are appropriately costed within the sponsor's and University's guidelines.
- Manage research applications to the University's external sponsors, supporting academics through the internal bid and approval processes through to submission of the sponsor's grant forms, including coordinating with R&I teams as well as providing timely response to enquiries in relation to pre-awarded grants.
- Perform and advise on the calculation of project costs using fEC methodology, considering personnel, estates and indirect costs within the sponsor eligibility guidelines.
- Coordinate, complete, and record due diligence activities to mitigate risks and achieve high standard of compliance with legislation and funder requirements.
- Assist academics with the completion of internal request forms, the sponsor's grant application forms, and with the online submission systems.
- Ensure that all financial aspects and supporting statements as part of the application are reviewed for accuracy and are sufficiently robust to support a successful bid.
- Ensure accurate completion of the University's internal costing documents and maintain accurate records through the relevant internal databases at each stage and prior to transition to R&I Finance Post-Awards and RIS Legal Contracts.
- Ensure that all terms of the award, when granted, are in accordance with the original application. Any significant change in the award must be communicated to relevant offices prior to acceptance.
- Attend both internal and external meetings relating to funding, as required.
Full job specification available upon request
To Apply Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
IMPORTANT NOTE Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future. We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.