Do you like making a difference and improving people's lives? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Do you enjoy communicating with a wide range of people and dealing with complex cases? If you answered 'Yes', we would love to hear from you.
The Role:We are recruiting for an exciting Executive Officer position (Temporary), to join the Visas, Status & Information department within the Home Office, Sheffield. This is an excellent opportunity to work within the Public Sector and provide an essential service to the Home Office. This role will also require you to be able to work in a management style role.
To deliver a wide range of work, the Home Office strongly believes in a team effort and relies on talented people with a wide range of skills and experience. That's where you come in! Working at the Home Office, they are committed to representing modern Britain in all its diversity and creating a welcoming, inclusive workplace where all our people can bring their whole selves to work and perform at their best.
What will be your primary responsibilities?
You will provide essential administrative support to the department at Vulcan House, Sheffield (City centre). The role will involve, but not be limited to you performing the following:
- The overseeing of the day-to-day casework
- Potential line management of fellow staff
- Managing a caseload, ensuring casework is progressed and managed efficiently
- Delivering a quality service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for compliance and quality assurance as well as supporting your team
- Deliver against targets and provide excellent customer service
- Deliver a professional service to Home Office standards and support colleagues.
- Have a flexible approach and be receptive to organisational change
To apply for this post, you will be/have:
- Competent in working in an administrative capacity (non-retail) (Graduates will be considered!)
- Excellent communication of written and speaking English to enable telephone and email communication with customers along with customer-facing experience
- Ability to organise a busy workload to deliver effective results on time and meet changing and complex demands as required
- Ability to take a responsive and customer-focused approach to work and protect customer and colleague confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills - Demonstrable experience in using Outlook, Excel, and Word in an office environment
- Ability to deal calmly and professionally with customers on the telephone and ability to show empathy and support to customers
- Strong work ethic and resilience
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- The opportunity to join and work in the public sector
- Learning and development opportunities to grow your career
- Competitive salary of £21,606 per annum
- 28 days per year (pro-rata)
- Wide variety of flexible benefits and working options to suit your lifestyle.
- Full training and induction
Please Note: Hours for this role are Monday - Friday, Full Time, 37 Hours, 9 am - 5.30 pm with some flexitime although core working hours are 10 am - 3 pm (7 am the earliest start - earliest finish 3 pm or latest start 10 am- latest finish 7 pm)
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations for roles across all industry sectors. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly.
By applying today, you can kick start our fantastic on boarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this incredible government organisation.