At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) team as an Experienced Network Engineer.
Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK) is responsible for delivering IT services to a number of customers both internal and external throughout the UK. As part of this integration process, a dedicated IT capability is being supported within the UK that can draw upon the considerable IT resources of the worldwide Boeing Company to deliver complex solutions to the business and its clients.
An opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Network Engineer to support the IT network infrastructure to meet business requirements. As a part of the infrastructure team within a large enterprise environment, the role requires a broad set of skills and a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
Typical activities in the role of Experienced Network Engineer will include, but will not be limited to the below responsibilities:
Supporting network infrastructure changes to the UK IT and Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) programme environments in order to meet the developing requirements of the business
Supporting new and additional networks and data centre facilities
Liaising with Boeing US support groups to leverage the capabilities of the wider group
Evaluating new technologies and toolsets for use within Boeing
The job holder should not be constrained by a rigid job specification and should be willing to pick up additional duties as necessary.
- Experience with network design and architecture
- Experience with Software Defined Networking preferably Cisco ACI
- Experience with dealing with customers, suppliers and teammates in a professional manner
- Knowledge of network technologies server computing systems including operating systems, networks, hardware, software packages and utilities, computer control languages and commands
- Proficiency in the usage of standard applicable computing disciplines including change, configuration, problem, performance, and operational management
- Proficiency in analyzing, managing and maintaining network topology, network devices, routers, firewall's, servers and server delivery systems, subsystems, and components
- Proven experience as a Network Engineer with strong Cisco CCNA, CCNP or equivalent, Cisco Switching, and building resilient TCP/IP Networks, Firewall and VPN technologies, ASA, Cisco IOS and NXOS, F5 load balancer and CISCOs ACI
- Excellent skills in Cisco routing and Cisco switching (Ideally including OSPF, BGP and IP protocol experience i.e. SNMP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP)
- Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- The candidate should be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels within the organization and be confident representing BDUK to external clients and partners.
This role is required to do rostered on-call.
This position does not offer relocation.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.