At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Experienced Software Quality Engineer
(SQE) to join our Software Quality Team, supporting Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) programs in Huntsville, Alabama
Our team of highly-motivated, customer-focused engineers partners with BDS Huntsville, AL programs to help develop and maintain a culture of first-time quality throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC). As a member of this team, you have the autonomy and responsibility to work with programs to help improve the quality of our software products - whether developed by Boeing or provided by suppliers.
A broad background in software development practices, tools, and processes is required to be successful in this position. Knowledge of quality standards (e.g. AS9115) and certification requirements (e.g. DO- 178) is preferred. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills, are crucial for success. Position Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Actively participates in program activities, from initial proposal and planning to verification/certification and delivery
- Coordinates support across SQEs supporting a program, as necessary, to ensure SQE commitments are met
- Verifies software lifecycle activities and products comply with approved software processes, plans, and standards
- Identifies process or product non-compliances; supports root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions and other defect investigation/prevention activities
- Teams with managers of supplier products to monitor and evaluate supplier software development performance
- Acts as an independent set of eyes and ears for Program Managers and the customer, highlighting potential best practices on the team, as well as areas for improvement
- Supports the identification and analysis of program/project software quality metrics to improve software quality and manage risk
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software quality processes and regulations
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
- Represents BDS Huntsville SQE in BDS cross-site and Boeing enterprise SQE initiatives/activities/discussions
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 2+ years of classroom or work related experience with the software development lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, code, integration & test)
- Software quality engineering experience supporting software with AS9115 and/or DO-178 requirements
- Experience as a software developer or software test engineer
- Experience performing document reviews (including STR, VDD, STP, SRS, etc.); test station code and document peer reviews; cert sheet updates and Windchill releases.
- Experience performing Data Trend Tracking/Analysis
- Involvement with products developed using Agile software development practices
- Experience with DevSecOps and associated tools
- Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:
This position is for 1st shift.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.