Fabricator (Windows, Doors, Curtain Walling)
This is an excellent opportunity for a Fabricator to join our team. This role will be based out of our Tamworth factory.Reporting into the Factory Supervisor and Production Manager, the successful candidate will have good fabrication knowledge within the architectural glazing industry (the manufacture of aluminium windows, doors, and curtain wall screens). You will also have experience and knowledge in the use of production machinery, and general fabrication tools.Applicants with good uPVC window or joinery experience may also be considered.You will assist the Factory Supervisor in all aspects of the fabrication of aluminium doors, windows, and curtain wall, in line with the production schedule. You will need to adopt a flexible approach to all tasks within the department, and work overtime where required to ensure that the business fulfils its obligations. As a fully skilled fabricator you should be able to work with minimal supervision but also be an excellent team player.Responsibilities and Duties
Knowledge & Experience
- Fabrication and assembly, inclusive of hanging, beading, gasketing, of Aluminium Frames, i.e., Doors, Windows, Curtain Wall
- To ensure the manufacturing programme is achieved in line with targets and deadlines.
- To ensure all internal maintenance and machinery are performed daily, reporting all maintenance issues to your line manager
- Use of production machinery e.g., punch tools, mitre saw, copy router, pillar drill
- Comply with all Alucraft Systems HSE Policies and procedures
Here are some of the perks we offer:
- Read, understand, and follow fabrication drawings and technical data sheets
- Read, understand, and follow system fabrication and assembly manuals
- Follow and work to engineering and CAD drawings
- Health and Safety focused
- Be able to prioritize and organize work efficiently and effectively
- Be driven to achieve personal and team objectives
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude
- Relevant system experience (Minimum 2 years - Schuco, Reynaers, Seniors, Metal Technology, Smarts, Wicona or similar)
- Opportunity to work for fast growing facades business, and to make your mark.
- We work from 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday AND an early finish on a Friday
- Competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday which goes up to 25 days with service, plus bank holidays
- An extra day of annual leave for your birthday!
- Career Development opportunities
- Wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Insurance at three times your basic salary