This position is responsible for assisting in the cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of the facility. The Custodian assists in routine and preventative maintenance, sanitation, and cleaning of all equipment within the facility, as well as general cleaning and upkeep of the facility itself. You are also a team player - driven by pride in your work and smiles on your coworker's faces.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following Company work rules and policies
- Performs cleaning duties as assigned with an eye towards maintaining a sanitary environment
- Assist in construction, preventative, routine, and breakdown maintenance and repairs on all equipment in the facility
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies
- Complete work orders as assigned
- Will develop a high level of knowledge concerning the areas of the facility
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
- Help create a positive environment by having a positive attitude and by being self-motivated
- Research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, in order to meet or exceed goals, and or modify their technique/procedures based on all applicable laws
- Highly knowledgeable with hand and power tools
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the company
- Must pass any and all required pre-employment screenings
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver's license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state regulating agency to receive cannabis agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crawling, seeing and repetitive motions
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work on feet. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so safely with extreme care and caution.
- High School Education or GED required; some college or college graduate preferred
- 2+ years experience in custodian or janitorial position preferred
- Knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical and general construction/carpentry
About Ascend Wellness Holdings
Ascend is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and provisioning center operator with assets in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis industry through a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience. We currently operate a provisioning center in Morenci, Battle Creek and Detroit. We are looking to build a world-class team that will help carry out our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. We are committed to improving the quality of our patient's lives by offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs. Our provisioning centers will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people and our communities, we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and looking to take roles with us as we expand nationally.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
Our people are our greatest asset. Our teams are comprised of a group of skilled and passionate professionals and partners from a diverse range of fields. We believe in not only building a diverse team but creating a space where ALL feel welcome and training our leaders to not only be inclusive themselves but to inspire their teams to be the same. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We believe in providing competitive compensation, quality benefits and a work environment that fosters creativity, hard work and leverage every one of our employees' unique skills while giving them what it takes to advance those said skills and learn new ones. We sweat the details to ensure our teams are confident and excited to provide best in class service to our customers and communities we serve.
Equal opportunity employer
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.