Finance AssistantLowestoftFTC - initially for 3 months Full-time Monday - Friday£30,000
A opportunity has arisen for a Finance Assistant to join our clients finance team to deliver added value by developing a deep understanding of direct costing an the impacts this has on the businesses financial results. This role is for a FTC for 3 months with the potential for further opportunities.
- Support the provision of weekly and monthly direct cost variances, including relevant commentary, to the Commercial Manager and the Operations Group.
- Responsible for the monthly stock provision report and inventory balance report.
- Understanding of SAP transactions and their link to the order process and results.
- Responsible for the resolution of discrepancies in orders, highlighting potential errors and ensuring that any required corrections are made.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of annual transfer prices
- Support the administration of Master Data Maintenance for all products.
- Support of administration of all product cost standards.
- Keeping accurate records of all work for both statutory and internal auditing purposes.
- Responsible for charging out pallet costs and vet fee costs to export MU's
- Contribute to bi-annual stock takes at XPO
- Take ownership of product price updates in SAP and supplier claims process.
- Support and manage areas of the blocked stock process and liaise with external parties on the sale of some of these goods.
Skills and experience:
- Cost Accounting and SAP experience
- Experience working in a finance department
- Excellent IT skills
- Good numerical literacy
- Fast learner
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Good analytical skills and high level of attention to detail
- Good communication skills both written and orally
- A recognised accounting qualification would be advantage
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to succeed in this position, please contact our Lowestoft branch on or send your CV
Why work through Hales Group?
All our Consultants are committed and qualified in what they do and have been operating in Lowestoft for many years. We treat candidates as our customers and try to find the right job solution for you.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.