At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Space and Launch is seeking motivated Top Secret Cleared Flight Engineers
to support the expansion of our organization! Our opportunities available include:
- Orbit Analysis
- Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C)
- Spacecraft Mission Systems/Operations
- Command and Data Handling
- Weight and Mass Properties
- Spacecraft Flight Control
This role can be based out of any of the following locations: El Segundo, CA; Aurora, CO; Chantilly, VA; Colorado Springs, CO; Haleakala National Park, HI; Herndon, VA; Kennedy Space Center, FL; Kent, WA; Las Cruces, NM; Leesburg, VA; Mountain View, CA; Seal Beach, CA; Sylmar, CA Position Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active) Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Perform aerodynamic/aerothermodynamics design and analysis of flight vehicles to ensure that the vehicle meets requirements
- Key contributor to developing new and improving existing technologies, tools and processes to enhance technology readiness, improve vehicle performance and reduce cycle time and cost
- Conduct, coordinate and/or develop test requirements to meet test objectives using established processes
- Assesses the impact of proposed regulations to determine the effect on cost, performance, producibility, maintainability and safety
- Support certification and qualification processes of the aerodynamic/ aero thermal characteristics of flight vehicles
- Assist in training others
- Works under general supervision
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.) Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $56,700 - Max: $105,300Eligible for 3ERPEqual Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.