North Carolina Specialty Hospital (NCSH) is now seeking qualified candidates for
FT- Pre-Op- Registered Nurse (3-12-hour shifts)
JOIN OUR TEAM!
North Carolina Specialty Hospital (NCSH), has a long standing tradition of providing quality care for our patients. Our state of the art medical facility located in the Raleigh-Durham area specializes in orthopedic, ophthalmology, ear, nose, and throat as well as sports medicine, oral, plastic, podiatry, general bariatric, interventional radiology, pain management, and reconstructive surgery. We tailor our facility and resources to best fit the needs of each. We are able to provide individualized attention to each and every patient we serve, with physicians providing personalized care.
Salary Range: $27-$44 (depending on experience)
Sign-On Bonus: $5000 with a 2- year commitment
NCSH offers competitive pay, full benefits package (including, but not limited to: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance), 401K plans with company match and Paid Time Off.
The primary objective of this position is to assure the delivery of comprehensive, safe, effective, cost effective and appropriate nursing care for patients across the age continuum in accordance with established hospital policy, nursing practice standards. Under minimum supervision, directs and/or provides professional nursing care for an assigned group of patients across the age continuum (4 weeks to geriatric). Utilizes the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to direct or provide nursing care. Provides supervision and guidance to other members of the team; and may be authorized, in the absence of the manager, to make decisions affecting the PACU unit.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to work independently and met established deadlines
- Able to make sound reasonable decisions
- Highly organized
- Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative
- Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situation with tact
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers and staff
- Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed
- Ability to be flexible and take on new responsibilities
Experience, Training & Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
- Current licensure in the State of North Carolina required
- Must be able to communicate and understand the English language both verbal and written
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required upon hire
- ACLS and PALS certifications must be obtained within 6 months of employment
- A minimum of 1 year previous perioperative nursing experience in a hospital setting is preferred
COVID-19 protocol: mandatory staff vaccinations, face masks, social distancing, terminal cleaning, patient testing, visitor restrictions.