The Care sector is such a rich and rewarding place to work. There is variety in your work and in the roles available - you don't have to be a Carer to make a meaningful difference in our Care homes. We want the Kindest and most resilient people to come and support our Residents - no two days will be the same and you will receive the learning and development you need to thrive.
In your role as a Housekeeper at HC-One, kindness will be at the core of everything you do. It touches upon every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist Care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our Residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. By joining HC-One you'll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people.
For you, as a Housekeeper, this will mean keeping the cleanest, most hygienic home. Safe, comfortable and welcoming - the environment you maintain will be testament to your brilliant eye for detail. Whether you're managing the cleaning rota or getting your sleeves rolled up and showing how it's done, you'll do so with a sense of kindness above anything else.
HC-One are looking for a Housekeeper with experience, ideally, although we'll provide great training. You'll also need excellent time management and organisational skills. Beyond that, it's all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. So you'll be a brilliant communicator who's as skilled at listening as giving instruction. And, whenever you communicate with a resident or co-worker, you'll be truly considerate and kind.
Well, after all, it's just in your nature.
We'll provide full training, so it's a great opportunity to learn something new. In return, you will enjoy access to a huge variety of benefits and services to support your physical and psychological well-being and throughout your career as a Housekeeper we will invest in you and you will enjoy additional support and benefits including:
- Hourly rate is subject to experience and qualifications.
- Paid Enhanced DBS/PVG
- Free uniform
- Homemade meal whilst on shift
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Group life assurance cover
- Award-winning learning and development and support to achieve qualifications.
- GP online - a service providing around the clock GP consultation via an interactive app - available to you and your children under 16
- An opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues as part of an outstanding and committed team.
- Colleague discounts - Access to over 1600 high street discounts including carefully selected discount partners.
- Wellbeing - free of charge access to an independent and confidential Employee Assistance Programme. This gives Colleagues and their family access to 24/7 365 support for a whole range of issues including physical, mental and financial issues
- Excellent recognition schemes such as 'Kindness in Care' and Long Service Awards
- An attractive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 per referral, depending on the role
We are passionate about ensuring that our current and future Colleagues can be their true selves, and that our workforce represents the communities we serve. We prioritise inclusive working practices and invite applicants from all backgrounds into our HC-One family and we are committed to providing the quickest possible turnaround from the point of making you a job offer to you starting with us on day one.