The largest youth tennis and education nonprofit organization in the nation seeks a Human Resources Generalist to support the daily operations of its HR department. Duties include but are not limited to: hiring and interviewing staff; developing and enforcing company policies and practices; implementing effective recruiting and staffing strategies; designing and planning staff training; and coordinating activities with the agency's finance/payroll department. The Generalist will report to the Director of Human Resources and be located at our headquarters in Long Island City, Queens.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with departmental managers to discern the skills and competencies required for vacancies
- Source candidates, perform interviews, and manage the hiring of qualified job applicants
- Facilitate the new-hire onboarding process with the aim of delivering an exemplary first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation and exit interviews, ensuring the accuracy and compliance of data entered in the HR information systems
- Serve as an effective HR advisor to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievances, organizational change, separation, and other sensitive matters
- Maintain employee files and data: salary/wages, incentive pay, paid time off, fringe benefits, expense reimbursements, other personal and professional information
- Assist with the communication, interpretation, and updates of the employee handbook, employee directory, organizational charts
- Participate in agency outreach for talent recruitment and retention: job fairs, hosting in-house events, etc.
- Develop departmental training and career enhancement plans
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or Communications
- Minimum 5 years' experience in HR (more a plus)
- Experience managing clearances for schools a PLUS (DOE, DOH, Central Clearance Unit (CCU)
- Prior experience with enterprise HRIS modules (Paychex, ADP, PeopleSoft, etc.) mandatory
- Broad familiarity with payroll concepts, processes, regulations, and terminology
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to manage projects and coordinate resources with accuracy and timeliness
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Office, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all office related position. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at .
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.