Our Client specialises in providing lightweight composites to the Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Marine, Space Sector.
We are currently looking for an expereince HSE & Facilities Manager to join the company during this exciting time in the business who have ambitious growth Plans.
HSE & Facilities Manager
Job Function & Key Tasks
- To provide advice and guidance to the Managing Director and / or Board of Directors on all relevant health safety and environmental legislations and requirements for which the company must comply.
- To bring to the attention of the Managing Director any shortcomings or failings which result in / or has the potential to result in non-compliances of health, safety or environmental legislative requirements.
- To provide accurate and clear interpretation of relevant health, safety and environmental related legislation, directives and approved code of practices ensuring a consistent approach towards strategies, innovations and management systems is adopted throughout all levels of the business.
- Responsible for the inspection, planned maintenance and repair of the plant and manufacturing equipment
- Responsible for the compliance to current HSE regulations for all equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for procurement of all spares, service contracts and consumables within the maintenance and facilities functions.
- Support the Continuous Improvement department with all physical improvement activities.
- Any other task as reasonably required to fulfil the job function.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee you are responsible for;
- Ensuring the health, safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions.
- Co-operating on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs.
- Only using/operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and/or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training.
- Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Reporting of all accidents, incidents, near misses and reporting any failings as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager.
Skills and Experience
- The ability to work independently, to be self- driven and able to set and monitor own goals.
- Able to lead and influence change.
- Autonomous thinker, able to work proactively and reactively under pressure.
- A hands-on leader with good leadership skills; a motivator with strong communication skills, capable of concise communication at all levels.
- Effective planner.
Education, Experiences & Qualifications
- Demonstrate suitable experience in facilities or maintenance management (essential)
- Appreciation of process improvement tools and techniques (essential)
- Degree, Higher level engineering qualification or Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable)
- NEBOSH (essential)
- IOSH Managing Safely (desirable)
Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Responsible for the availability of all production equipment to increase OEE
- Responsible for the drive of HSE