Reporting Relationship: Reports to Accounts Payable Supervisor
*MUST LIVE IN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE TO NYC*
Background: Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Position Overview: The Disbursement Analyst is responsible for processing and reviewing all disbursements related to federal contract funding. The Disbursement Analyst will track expenditures against federal awards, ensure accurate coding of expenses to line item cost reimbursement of federal notices of awards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review invoices for accuracy and submit for payment.
- Follow up with finance staff, program staff regarding payment status.
- Perform review of invoices for federal contracts to ensure accuracy of coding and appropriate authorization.
- Assist with document requests for disbursement invoices.
- Input approved invoices in accounts payable system.
- Respond to inquiries and questions for details of disbursements charged to federal contracts.
- Understand federal awards and the cost lines that invoices should be charged against.
- Coordinate invoice processing with program staff initiating the request in Kissflow software.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Supervisor as needed.
- Coordinate payment process with Accounting Manager.
- Assist Finance Department Managers with accounts payable information needed for government cost reports for federal portals, reconciliations and federal payments and fiscal expenditure reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Capable of troubleshooting problems as they arise in a calm, effective, and rational manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, expertise with Excel
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable software, paperless payables
- Experience with ACH payments
- Experience with accounts payable in a government or non-profit
- 3-5 years of work experience
- This position requires use of a computer and a telephone.
Salary: $65K - $75K
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.