Salary £22,129-£25,927 Per annum Permanent, Full Time, 37 hours per week
The successful candidate will be working within our busy ICT Service Centre in the Preston County Hall complex, carrying out the following:
- Handling first line ICT issues via telephone, email and self-service on a rota basis, ensuring that key performance indicators are met, using the Service Now IT Service Management and Genesys telephony systems.
- Understanding the key priorities, targets and effectiveness of the service, helping to ensure that compliance with service level agreements is maintained.
- Independently resolving more complex ICT issues at second line, using well developed problem diagnosis skills.
- Carrying out technical administration tasks (e.g. the creation, amendment and deletion of user accounts).
- Developing and maintaining knowledge base articles.
- Prioritising assigned tasks and responding independently to unanticipated problems.
- Providing effective communication between the Service Centre, other services and customers.
Ideal candidates for the role will be able to demonstrate that they possess the following:
- A strong commitment to service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Experience of ICT technical support at first and second line levels.
- Competence in using multiple ICT systems (e.g. e-mail, word-processing, spreadsheets and databases)
- The ability to understand, triage and resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of IT service management software, such as Service Now and service centre telephony applications, such as Genesys.
- Great customer service skills, including strong interpersonal and empathetic listening skills.
- Excellent and effective oral and written (grammar) communication skills.
- Excellent keyboard, mouse and telephony skills.
- A commitment to working together based upon one team sharing ideas, knowledge, resources, understanding and mutual trust.
- A commitment to undergo further training.
You must be prepared to work flexibly across the hours on various shift patterns from 8am to 6pm.
Undertake, wherever required, other responsibilities and duties including work related to 3rd party external business, on behalf of the company, where this is commensurate with the grade of the post. This may entail working from other locations.
Due to the changing nature of the business, this job description serves as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. It is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive and will inevitably change
Please ensure you have uploaded and attached your supporting statement to evidence how you meet the criteria for the role. The panel may be unable to shortlist you for interview without this evidence.
We reserve the right to close down a vacancy early, before the closing date, if we receive sufficient applications.
- Minimum Salary: 22129
- Maximum Salary: 25927
- Pay Basis: Yearly
- Schedule Type: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37
- Closing Date: Sep 25, 2022