An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
The Infection Preventionist reports to the Director of Nursing and partners with the Medical Director, Medical Director for Antimicrobial Stewardship, the Vice President of Wellness, and other stakeholders to develop a system of care that promotes sound and scientific infection prevention principles and practices.
This individual is accountable for decreasing the incidence and transmission of infectious diseases between patients, staff, visitors and the community. Through strategic planning, leadership and consultation, you will lead and direct a robust team in the identification and implementation of infection prevention goals and objectives throughout the facility and organization.
- In this key position, essential job duties and responsibilities include:
- Partners with the Medical Director for Epidemiology/Infectious Disease to develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals and action plan.
- Partners with facility leaders, physicians, local, state, and national agencies on activities related to infection prevention.
- Oversees the operations of the infection prevention, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and relevant safety programs.
- Accountable for surveillance of healthcare acquired and community acquired infections.
- Manages goal setting process for system, unit and physician goals related to healthcare acquired infections and conditions.
- Lead industrial hygiene program to anticipate, recognize, evaluate, mitigate and control workplace conditions.
- Participates in the national collaboratives and external reporting to CDC NHSN system, and other post- acute-care specific quality organizations. Authority and responsibility for ensuring appropriate intervention and education occurs with staff, volunteers and medical staff when healthcare infection trends, outbreaks or non-compliance to infection control/OSHA are identified.
- Ensures that education and counseling on infection prevention is available for staff, volunteers, medical staff, patients and parents.
- Support and participate in interdisciplinary performance and quality improvement process.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and ensures that the facility leaders are informed of appropriate issues. Understands and complies with infection control, safety and OSHA procedures and regulations.
- May have duties, which include an organization-wide function.
Here's what you need:
- RN or LVN, RN preferred.
- Specialty training in Infection Prevention and Control through accredited continuing education.
- Must be nationally certified in Infection Prevention and Control or completion of certification within 3 months of employment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, work independently, and meet deadlines.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
Job ID: 2
External Company Name: Eldercare Alliance
External Company URL:
Street: 3431 Foothill Blvd.