At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is currently responsible for delivering support to a variety of Logistics Applications via the Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) contract, and is transitioning to its successor, the Bridging the Gap (BtG) contract. As part of the delivery of these contracts, the Information Assurance team provides assurance support to the MOD, encapsulating support for a number of applications to the standards required by both Boeing and the Authority contract.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the BDUK Information Assurance Team as an Information Assurance Administrator in support of the new BtG contract.
The Information Assurance Administrator supports the maintenance of programme Information Security and Assurance activities for assigned systems to meet the programme and enterprise requirements, policies, standards, guidelines and procedures. The post works under the Information Assurance Team Lead and reports to the MOD IS Programme Manager.
The post is located primarily in Bristol, offering a hybrid mix of remote/telecommuting and on-site working. Occasional travel to other sites may be required, including Milton Keynes, Corsham and Abbey Wood.
The successful candidate will need to have recent practical experience in a high tempo working environment and be motivated to join an established Information Assurance team in the UK.
BDUK Information Assurance professionals are expected to work closely with their Information Assurance and Security counterparts to deliver an integrated and focused security effect. Experience of working with UK MOD organizations is preferred, and knowledge of Information Assurance and MOD Security policies such as JSP440 and JSP604 is desirable.
- Support the IATL in maintenance of the IA&SMP, RMADS and other relevant security documentation;
- Coordination and collation of relevant artefacts to support accreditation and other assurance activities, primarily via internal stakeholders but other relevant parties within the Authority and SCIS DP as required;
- Management of relevant artefacts to support accreditation within a suitable repository as directed in the Contract, specifically DPIA and bulk data documents;
- Administration of risk register entries, ensuring exports are provided to support review meetings and outputs are captured with appropriate risk updates, in accordance with timescales defined by the IATL;
- Collaboration within the SCIS DP to identify hardware or software security vulnerabilities, malicious software and other security related weaknesses including the areas of obsolescence, patching and anti-virus;
- Monitor and distribute MODCERTs and coordination of any mandated responses to Defence Digital/WARP as required;
- Ensuring the SCIS DP follows the procedures detailed in JSP440 Leaflet 15 and the SCIS DP Forensic Readiness Plan in reporting of hardware or software vulnerabilities, incidents or weaknesses in accordance with reasonable instruction of the Authority Accreditor;
- Monitor usage of tools to support the Security Test Strategy and associated Op AUGITE requirements;
- Support auditing activity against all applicable aspects of the programme within scope of ISO27001, to schedule as defined in the contract and as directed by the IATL;
- Coordinate Assurance responses to Impact Assessments and other change related activity to ensure changes are appropriately assessed in a timely fashion;
- Coordinate and administer standing SCIS DP Assurance meetings, including but not limited to:
- Collation of assurance data and metrics from relevant information sources;
- Creation of presentation materials and distribution in accordance within timescales defined by the IATL;
- Management of calendar appointments, attendee invitations, hosting and other relevant administrative tasks;
- Recording minutes and actions for Assurance meetings as required, and dissemination of such records within timescales as defined by the IATL;
- Ensure presentation of SyOPs for IS from the Portfolio is in accordance with contractual obligations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Proficient in usage of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong organizational capability and task progression
- Proven ability to support staff within the team and wider business
- Good note taking and recording of output from meetings
- Ability to maintain data resources and generate statistical data
- Customer focused and demonstrates a can-do' attitude
- The successful applicant must have an active, or be eligible to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches
- Knowledge of information security Risk Assessments, Risk Treatment Plans and Risk Management and Accreditation Documents in accordance with ISO27001
- Experience of working in or with MOD or UK Government domain
- Awareness of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance
- Experience of working within a multinational matrix management environment/ structure and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams, would be advantageous.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. Relocation Assistance is not available for this role.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.