Information Assurance Analyst (1574)at SMX(View all jobs) ()
SMX is seeking an Information Assurance Analyst to join our team at China Lake. This position requires regular local travel to NAS Point Mugu and Edwards AFB.
In this role, the Information Assurance Analyst will:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Determine enterprise information assurance and security standards
- Develop and implement information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Coordinate, develop, and evaluate security programs for an organization
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customers requirements
- Identify, report, and resolve security violations
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Apply know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures
- Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Analyze and define security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers
- Design, develop, engineer, and implement solutions that meet security requirements
- Provide integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyze general information assurance-related technical problems and provide basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Ensure that all information systems are functional and secure
- Clearance Required: Secret SSBI
- A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical discipline.
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional three (3) years of experience can be substituted for a BS or BS degree.
- Seven (7) years of practical CEAT computer security experience in secure network and system design, analysis, procedure/test generation, test execution and implementation of computer/network security mechanisms
- Two (2) years experience in Vulnerability Assessment and/or Risk Analysis
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions to problems relating to improvement of information assurance effectiveness, organizational structures, work methods and procedure efficiency, and resources requirements, utilization or control
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Developing and drafting program or project milestones, progress monitoring, financial, acquisition, quality control, maintenance, or training documentation related to information assurance activities
- Use of automated management information systems in performing fact finding, analytical, and advisory functions related to information assurance activities
- Implementation of RMF policies and procedures
- FISMA compliance reporting
- Implementation of DISA STIGs, ACAS scans, and/or SCC scans
- Supporting SAP Inspections
- IAM Level III baseline certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 Cyberspace Workforce Management (or achieve within six months of TOA or hiring)
- JSIG Training is desired
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.