Internal Medicine opening in Lufkin, Texas. Job ID: 5271Practice Details
- Seeking for BC/BE Internist
- Outpatient only practice is available
- Hospital Call may be 1:4 or 1:5 depending on which call group the new physicians join
- Serving an existing patient base
Compensation. The Starting Salary is $25,000 To $50,000 more compared to starting internal medicine salaries in Houston/ Garland. Coupled with a cost of living of 20% lower than the aforementioned metropolitan areas, provides significant purchasing power to build their dream home, payoff school loans and retire early.
The Housing Market. A great opportunity for homeownership with a spacious home with 4 beds and 4 baths, 4397 sqft for normal living and family room for just 395K.
The Community. The Lufkin community is part of the Angelina County at the heart of the Forest Country of East Texas. Lufkin is well known for its forests, beautiful parks and open spaces.
The Employer. This community healthcare provider is a 149-bed facility with complete inpatient and outpatient services. This Employer believes in the power of people to create great care. This 200+ healthcare professionals strong is a Joint Commission accredited facility and have received awards for cardiology, pulmonology, neurology and orthopedic surgery.
This Employer is directly or indirectly owned by a partnership that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospitals medical staff. Closest Major City
Colleges and Universities
- 115 miles to Houston, TX
- 157 miles to Garland, TX
- 158 miles to Dallas, TX
- Angelina College (Full-time enrollment: 3,478; Location: 3500 South First; Public)
- Academy of Hair Design-Lufkin (FT enrollment: 159; Location: 512 S Chestnut; Private)
- Stephen F Austin State University (about 20 miles; Nacogdoches, TX; Full-time enrollment: 11,542)
- Sam Houston State University (about 65 miles; Huntsville, TX; FT enrollment: 16,233)
- Kilgore College (about 73 miles; Kilgore, TX; FT enrollment: 3,127)
- The University of Texas at Tyler (about 75 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 5,774)
- Tyler Junior College (about 77 miles; Tyler, TX; FT enrollment: 8,104)
- The Lufkin's Azalea Trail is a 1.9 mile nature trail that runs from Grace Dunne Richardson Park to Kiwanis Park. The trail is limited to pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
- The Louis Bronaugh Park is one of the newest park facilities located across Charlton from City Hall. This park has excellent facilities for public events and ceremonies.
- Lufkin Land Park is a small neighborhood park which contains a playground. It also has a picnic area and a place to play volleyball.
- Lufkin Mall
- The Hip Hicks Boutique
- Wishing Well Antiques & Gifts