Leaders in recovery. Champions of hope.
Position Purpose: Provide substance use disorder treatment services of assessments, individual and group counseling to inmates and facilitate the issues of recovery into their daily living situations.
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8AM-5PM
Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization and nationally recognized leader in treating substance use and mental health disorders for children, adolescents, adults, and families. With nearly 60 locations in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa, our physician-led team has developed an innovative, multidisciplinary, outcomes-informed approach.
Our comprehensive continuum of care includes intervention and assessments; residential care for teens and adults with on-site detox services; intensive outpatient care and continuing care; family support, education, and therapy; virtual outpatient services and family support programs; alumni programming and parent support groups; and prevention and early intervention education for students and communities.
Since 1916, our unmatched legacy as a proven behavioral healthcare leader is a source of hope and strength to those we serve and provides a roadmap for the best opportunity for lasting recovery. Rosecrance served nearly 50,000 clients last year.
- Bachelor's Degree in counseling, psychology, or related field (Master's degree second level license required for Therapist title).
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (tCADC/CADC).
- Demonstrated education, training or experience with evidenced based practices.
- Familiarity with the adult criminal justice population.
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed.
- Practical Understanding of substance use disorders and symptoms in the DSM 5.
- Familiar with conducting clinical assessments, individual, family and group counseling.
- Desire to work with Adults in a residential team oriented substance abuse setting.
- Ability to learn and work independently to complete documentation in automated software system.
- Ability to present and coordinate lectures for clients, parents, staff or community resources.
1. Work hours prescribed by the Supervisor and any additional hours deemed necessary for the responsibilities assigned.
2. Undertake primary case management responsibilities for designated clients.
3. Conduct individual, group, and family counseling and educational sessions for clients and/or family members.
4. Ensure that client service records are maintained consistent with rules and regulations.
5. Maintain communications with all staff (e.g. admissions, therapeutic passes, and discharge plans).
6. Present workshops, lectures and training to clients, families, employees and community groups.
7. Serve as a member of the outpatient clinical team and participate in all team meetings and activities.
8. Exercise confidentiality in keeping with the Code of Conduct and with the framework of the law.
10. Deliver exceptional customer service consistently to every customer.
11. Assume other related responsibilities as delegated and assigned.
Pay: Based on education, experience and credentials
- Starting rate for Bachelors - $21.11/hour
- Starting rate for Masters - $24.44/hour
- Additional $.50/hr with CADC certification
- Additional $1.50/hr inpatient differential
- Health insurance with multiple options to meet your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account with company contribution
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match and discretionary employer contribution
- Group life Insurance including LTD and AD&D
- Tuition assistance (qualifications apply)
- Licensure/certification reimbursement (qualifications apply)
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Wellness plan
- Certain facilities offering on-site gym
Schedule: 8 hour shifts
- Day shift with one evening, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Work Location: Rosecrance Jackson Centers - Spencer, IA
Rosecrance is an equal opportunity employer.
EEO is the Law: .pdf
This position qualifies for HRSA's Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Program!
- 1 year(s): Human Services
Licenses & Certifications