"Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand."
That is why this Public sector client is looking for an experience Java developer for a 12 months contract, mostly remote (some travel time is expected in their London office once or twice/week). Due to the nature of the role, candidates will start on a basic clearance, but will be put through SC, so eligibility is key.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Recent experience with Java 11 (or later).
- Excellent understanding of TDD and BDD.
- Experience with large microservice architectures.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
It would also be desirable to have:
- Working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, mocking frameworks such as Mockito, and messaging platforms such as ActiveMQ or Kafka.
- Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.