Job Profile Summary
The Logistics Business Services team provides strategic business support to and acts as the Business Conscience and Think Tank of our In-Region teams to deliver safe and optimized Logistics Services across bp's Production & Operations business.
As a Business Services Advisor in the team, you will play a vital role in driving and embedding an MI-based decision-making culture across the Regions by employing extensive use of data and technology to drive safe, reliable, and cost efficiency Logistics for the BP Group.
You will work with all functional groups in Regions (Performance, Procurement, HSE, Safety & Operational Risk Assurance, and Digital) to develop key insights and action plans from performance data analytics as well as leading the development of Logistics Strategies geared at improving efficiency and performance.
About the role:
Some of your key accountabilities and deliverables will include:
- Leading the development of Logistics Business Strategies with Regional Teams to drive efficiency and continuous improvement throughout Logistics and working with regional Contract Accountable Managers (CAMs) to develop implementation and execution plans that allows for timely and material impact to the business.
- Working with the Regional Teams to modernize, transform and digitize the Ways of Working in service of delivering annual plans.
- Working with Regional Teams to develop, refresh, and performance manage delivery plans on an annual basis and develop course correction actions / interventions where appropriate.
- Using MI data to develop operational and efficiency insights geared towards driving performance improvements in service delivery.
- Leading and facilitating conversations with In-Region CAMs / Procurement tags to ensure alignment with approved Discipline strategies to drive optimized 3rd Party contracting strategies.
- Supporting Logistics Managers and In-Region CAMs in the Supplier Performance Review process for regional relationships.
- Engaging with key In-Region functional stakeholder groups (Performance, Procurement, HSE and Safety &Operational Risk Assurance) to ensure an integrated approach to problem solving in regions.
- Actively participating in the Business Services Community of Practice to ensure cross-region sharing and embedding of best practices across Logistics Disciplines.
- Leading business planning and the execution of a simplified process for regional budget management including forecasting, procurement, monthly & quarterly budget management, cost allocations and cost reduction opportunities.
Systems and Tools Management
- Supporting the development, implementation and optimization of the systems & tools strategy aligned with our modernization and transformational agendas, agile and continuous improvement agendas in support of delivering optimum Logistics Services.
- Supporting performance reviews meetings and conversations with Suppliers providing outsourced business, systems and tools services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Business or Supply Chain Management, and/or:
- Industry recognized certification in Supply Chain Management or Finance (e.g. CIPS / ISM certification, ACCA / CPA qualification, etc.).
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) would be considered to an asset.
- Sound business, financial and management skills, with greater than 5 - 12 years proven experience in similar role.
- Deep technical understanding of business systems and tools.
- Extensive knowledge of Logistics Service delivery and operations in one or more disciplines (Aviation, Marine, Supply Base, Land Transportation).
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, supporting and influencing Above-The-Region and Regional Leadership teams.
At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply today!
Production & Operations
Job Family Group
About BPPRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
making our production and operations safer and more standardised
driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
maximising efficiency through sharing resources
accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.