At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Everett, WA is seeking experienced Mid-level Electronic Systems Design & Analysis Engineers to join the team in defining and integrating electronic and electrical systems across our commercial airplane fleet. Projects involve analyzing and translating requirements into system architecture, hardware, software and interface specifications. Work with a worldwide supply base to develop system components and validate designs through both laboratory and airplane testing. Work on airplane systems throughout the entire product lifecycle from initial concept through certification and delivery. We are continually evolving the state of the art in commercial air transport.
These positions may be assigned to work with:
- Avionics including computing platforms, data networks, flight deck displays, flight management (guidance, navigation and performance), navigation sensors, communication radios, weather radar, terrain awareness, traffic collision avoidance, onboard maintenance and more.
- Electrical Subsystems including generators, batteries, motor controllers, motors, pumps, turbo compressors, power distribution, exterior lights, proximity sensors and more.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry or related technical field of study.
- Minimum 3+ years of engineering experience
- Familiarity with engineering processes and methods.
- Experience with hardware and software design.
- Experience with model based development tools.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of FAA / EASA certification.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shiftUnion:
This is a union represented positionEmployee Referral:
Referral to this job is eligible for bonusEqual Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.