At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is seeking Mid-Level System s Engineers
(Level 3) to join our 777X Integrated Verification Organization
in Everett, WA
and Tukwila, WA
The 777X is a family of airplanes in development to improve the performance of the original 777 family of airplanes. We are currently flight testing the 777-9, the longest, largest commercial airplane on the market. We are also in the early development stages for the 777-8F, the largest freighter airplane on the market. This role will be responsible to coordinate the design teams in support of test readiness and configuration planning through the certification of the 777-9 and the development of the 777-8F. The position will require strong collaboration skills to integrate across a broad range of engineering functions applying Systems Engineering principles. Position Responsibilities:
This is a full-time assignment with potential opportunities to take on special assignments. The ideal candidate will also have both the background knowledge and the desire to dynamically shift priorities to take on additional cross-functional responsibilities, such as:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Lead technical activities in the areas of Systems Engineering and Engineering Integration.
- Collaborate and support test readiness with BT&E Test and design teams.
- Develop and maintain the Flight Test Airplane configuration required at Type Inspection Authorization (TIA).
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with 777X program IPTs and BT&E test organization.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Must currently possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in an ABET accredited program in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, leading systems engineering, integration and test activities.
- 1+ years of experience in developing technical requirements for a development program.
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering involving: system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis and evaluation, verification.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Union
This is a union-represented position. Shift:
This position is for 1st shift.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.