** Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On Bonus
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Electrical Products Team, Electro-Optics Department within Raytheon Missiles & Defense is currently searching for Mechanical Engineer II with Opto-Mechanical experience, to work on a multi-discipline team to lead the design of opto-mechanical and EO subsystems using the CAD tool, Creo (Pro/E). Responsibilities include concept development, detailed design, analysis, integration and test, and support of transition to production efforts. Additional duties may include factory production line support in the areas of root cause and corrective action and problem resolution at various suppliers.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Candidate will work within a multi-disciplined team, as well as:
- Work independently, with little supervision.
- Develop a network, and know when to use it to get help.
- Ensure proper engineering discipline is applied to all designs.
- Provide the best technical solution within cost and schedule constraints.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related STEM degree
- A minimum of 2 years of related and applicable work experience in mechanical design and analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and 3D CAD tools (modeling and drawing) such as Creo
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ANSI Y14.5
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited curriculum
- Experience in opto-mechanical design and analysis of imagers, afocals, gimbals, or focus and field-of-view switching mechanisms
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to travel to government and other facilities in support of program activities
- Active DoD issued security clearance
- Mechanical aptitude to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Industry related mechanical design and documentation experience
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: .htm
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.