**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20k Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-On Bonus is not permitted for internal candidates**
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Within the Digital Products Department (DPD), you will be a part of a key role within the Engineering organization by developing the electronics for the weapon system products. We engage at the outset of the weapon system development and follow our designs through deployment. Our team helps develop the requirements and bring concepts to life. Our products are deployed all over the world, on the ground, and they reach the exoatmospheric environments and into space. We are responsible for the architecture, design, and documentation of deliverable firmware and FPGA embedded processing at RMD.
In this role you will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, collaborative modeling of algorithms, partition and perform code development, simulation, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test. Design documentation and configuration management are required.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design and deliver production quality FPGA releases from initial proof of concept up to production
- Architect FPGA-based systems to determine parts, interfaces, and Concept of Operations (CONOPS)
- Translate system level requirements into FPGA requirements
- Design and code in VHDL for reliability and maintainability
- Verify designs utilizing self-checking techniques with directed and constrained random tests, while tracking functional and code coverage
- Help drive projects and execute to program schedules on time and budget
- Create complete documentation including requirements, verification plan, and user's guides
- May lead small teams and mentor junior engineers
- May support internal and external technical reviews
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience to include at least 3 of the following:
- Digital design and VHDL coding
- Xilinx or Microsemi devices and flow tools
- Delivering FPGA solutions to system level applications
- Hands on experience with integration and debug
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for two additional years of experience
Qualifications We Value:
- FPGA design experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Radar processing techniques
- Image processing techniques for visual and infrared sensors
- Embedded systems design using ARM, Microblaze, or Nios processors
- Gigabit serial interfaces and multi-gigabit transceivers (MGTs)
- Constrained random verification in UVM using System Verilog
- Verification utilizing emulation platforms, such as Veloce
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: .htm
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.