**This position is eligible for a minimum of $30,000 Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates**
Are you seeking an opportunity to develop electronic fuzing & initiation technologies expertise?
Would you enjoy knowing your efforts directly impact defending our nation and allies?
If you can answer "yes" to these questions, we want to talk to you!
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
This position is in the Energetics and Propulsion Department, which is part of the Mechanical Products Team. This organization is responsible for the full spectrum of warhead fuzing, rocket motor ignition and all other weapon initiation safety systems technology. Develop architectures, top-level design concepts and requirements for new safety system needs. Must be willing to travel to suppliers and government facilities
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Apply or develop advanced electronic fuzing technologies for our product lines.
- Support the Systems Safety Engineering organization
- Interface with the Customer to identify user needs
- Work with customers, subcontractors and suppliers to resolve engineering issues, develop new products and hold technical reviews
- Lead and develop fuze & initiation systems architectures and top-level designs
- Design, analyze, test and evaluate fuze & initiation systems
- Develop Statements-of-Work (SOWs)
- Develop Critical Item Development Specifications (CIDS) and electrical logic and interface requirements
- Support fact-finding and contract negotiations
- Ensure technical rigor and depth of all deliverables
- Mentor and Lead Junior Engineers
- Develop and present technical fuzing designs and updates to the DoD safety review boards.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Minimum of eight (8) years of electronic circuit design and analysis or any fuzing & initiation system design experience.
- Or Advance degree in Electrical Engineering can account for 3 years of experience as required for this position.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience directly related experience in fuzing & initiation systems and safety subsystems
- Experience performing electrical stress analysis, electrical thermal analysis, environment survivability assessment.
- Ability to analyze analog, digital, mixed signal and power conversion circuits using simulation and computational skills.
- Ability to Interface with engineering groups within Missile Systems for analyses and subject matter support
- Experience in preparation and presentation of technical papers for customer safety review boards.
- Experience in developing Fuzing, Safe & Arm products that meet MIL-STD-1316, MIL-STD-1901 and MIL-STD-464.
- Working knowledge of JOTP-051, 052, 053.
- Experience with energetic and pyrotechnic initiators, exploding foil deflagrating initiators (EFDI), low energy exploding foil initiators (LEEFI) and their operation.
- Technical writing skills in the areas of detailed design requirements, test requirements, statements of work, white papers and technical presentations.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of:
- Engineering design experience in development projects
- Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Power Point & Project) Experience
- Project Management as applied to team interaction and deliverables
- Current DoD secret clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.)
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.