**This position is eligible for a minim of $30,000 Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal candidates**
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
The Weapons and Platforms Center in the Systems Integration and Test Directorate is seeking Systems Engineers focused on Platform Integration and/or Flight Test. In this role, you will be supporting the successful completion of test events and the associated analysis of test data.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Support preparation and execution of test events. This includes:
- Test plan and procedure development
- Support, create, and present Consent to Ship and Test Readiness Reviews
- Occasionally travel to support test events in the field. Approximately 10-15% travel is required
- Support program verification test environments, processes, and execution
- Use lab and/or field test equipment for testing and troubleshooting
- Support proposals, including development and/or review of Basis of Estimates
- Other duties as required
- Travel to support test execution at both domestic and international locations. Test events may occur over weekends or holidays and will require extended hours.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), (preferably Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or System Engineering) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience OR an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM), (preferably Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or System Engineering) and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or in absence of a degree, a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Relevant experience includes at least 5 of the following:
- Experience developing and implementing configuration control of products and drawings
- Knowledge of platform interfaces and strong experience testing of the relationship between the Interface Control Document (ICD) and weapon system
- Knowledge of RCC 501-01, data dictionaries, Chapter 10 data and other telemetry formats
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-1553 and MIL-STD-1760 interfaces
- Experienced in executing Consent to Ship and Test Readiness Reviews
- Experienced in System Integration Labs (SIL), Ground Mounts, and/or Waterfront Integration Tests (WITs)
- Working knowledge of Debris Hazard Analysis and the models and simulations which generate splash patterns and flyouts
- Knowledge of Link Margin Analysis, and have working experience with telemetry data capture
- Experienced in Failure Review, Failure Investigation and Root Cause and Correction Action Boards.
- Experienced with Verification and Validation methods and associated activities
- Ability to lift and carry 25+ lbs.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Due to the nature of our business, remote work is not possible.
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with NISPOM security guidelines and Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment
- Experience developing and maintaining customer relationships
- Experience with quantifiable project results
- Knowledge of technical theories, concepts and modulation theory, including FM, Bi-phase Modulation and PCM.
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: .htm
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round. There are 800 miles of bike paths, more than 40 golf courses in the area, and mountain ranges for rock climbing, camping, hiking and other outdoor adventures. Tucson is one of only 14 U.S cities to have professional opera, symphony, orchestra, ballet, and theatre. Plus, there are over 30 museums to explore, including the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, the Pima Air & Space Museum, and Reid Park Zoo.
Learn more about Raytheon Missiles and Defense and how we serve out communities at Raytheon Technologies - YouTube
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.