**This position is eligible for a minimum of $40k Sign-On Bonus**
** Internal Applicants are not eligible for Sign-On Bonus
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers. You will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
The Guidance Electronics Team provides Electrical Systems Engineering to develop Guidance Electronics solutions for products across the Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) portfolio. Our team develops missile Guidance Electronics Hardware. Our core electrical engineering responsibilities include architecture, analysis, requirements, integration, and test. Our core electrical engineering technologies include RF/RADAR, Navigation/IMU/GPS, Digital, and Power. We partner with several Electrical Product Team departments that provide the detailed design of our electrical products as well as missile level systems teams.
The Guidance Electronics Team is searching for an GPS Subsystems Engineer with experience in GPS technology. The role of the GPS Subsystems Engineer is to provide GPS electronics solution for missile products. GPS electronics solution includes architecture development, requirement definition, electronics design, analysis, modelling and testing. GPS Subsystem Engineer collaborates with missile level system engineers in developing requirements for the subsystem. They perform analysis and modeling to decompose requirements for GPS sub-assemblies and component designs.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Work environment is primarily in an office, but may include labs, field work, or a combination.
- Assignments may include analysis of hardware designs, subsystems, and components; architecting new electronic systems; developing and documenting subsystem requirements and test plans; peer reviews of designs as a subject matter expert; presentations to peers, management, and government customers; and root-cause failure investigations.
- Interface directly with suppliers of navigation or guidance electronics components, IMUs and GPSs, to monitor and manage programmatic activities and ensure compliance to requirements
- Missile Systems has a strong culture of mentoring; it is expected that employees will be both mentors and mentees.
- Assignments may require supporting multiple programs.
- Assignments may require some travel, including foreign travel.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team.
- Work alone, with little supervision.
- Develop a network and know when to use it to get help.
- Collaboration with both Functional and Program higher level management.
- Collaboration with Customer and Suppliers.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience
- Experience with electrical hardware development
- Experience in sub-systems, systems engineering, requirement development and/or requirement validation
- Experience in developing RF electrical subsystems.
- U.S Citizenship is required.
The ability to obtain and maintain a US DOD Secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master's is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
Qualifications We Value:
- Missile Radar and RF seeker subsystems typically contain antennas, analog RF circuit cards, digital circuit cards, and configurable logic so the ideal candidate will have a background in detailed design and troubleshooting of one or more of these components. Ideal candidates will also have some experience in systems engineering and architecture and have a desire to grow into a guidance section architect.
- Ideal candidates shall also have demonstrated understanding and wide application of technical theories and concepts in the area of navigation subsystems/components used in modern guidance electronics platforms
- Recent technical experience relative to integrated Guidance Electronics systems using GPS and IMU navigation subsystems blended via Kalman filter techniques
- Knowledge and/or experience with M-Code
- Familiarity with Matlab scripting and tools
- Experience with hardware integration, Hardware in the Loop (HIL), modeling and simulation and environmental testing and electronics test equipment
- Experience working with missiles or similar systems.
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to drive suppliers in meeting commitments.
- Knowledge of DOD Hardware development process (knowledge of design gates).
- Practical experience in all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Experience in developing proposals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
Key Words: GPS, IMU, Kalman Filter, M-Code, Radio Frequency, Subsystems, Requirements, Modelling, Architecture, Architect, Failure Resolution
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: .htm
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met ( see guidelines ) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.