**This position is eligible for a minimum of $5K Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-On bonus is not permitted for internal candidates
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation, and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating
As an Early Career Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer I, you will participate in challenging multi-disciplinary work across integrated product teams consisting of Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), Signal Processing and missile-and-sensor-level Performance Simulations. Our Performance Simulation teams provide, develop, and maintain high fidelity performance simulations, evaluate system performance, support new business initiatives and develop & execute technology roadmaps.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- You will create high fidelity simulations and models for missile design, performance assessment, and flight test support
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of modeling solutions, and subsequently conducts trade studies and evaluation of system and subsystem performance
- You will work in a team environment, receiving inputs from the team supervisors and providing guidance and/or direction to other team members
- You will collaborate with Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC), signal processing, and other performance personnel to perform simulation activities according to the program schedule
- You will work on diverse projects, determine, and develop approaches and solutions, in addition to providing development guidance throughout the product lifecycle from initial concept to fielded product
- You will provide technical expertise for the simulation products of a specific program, and assisting Senior Modeling Engineers in the preparation of detailed plans, and may interact with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Physics, Mathematics, or a related STEM degree and 2 years prior relevant work and/or academic experience in the following areas;
- Programming in C++, C, or other high order language
- Using MATLAB or Python for evaluation of data sets
- Academic or work experience in modeling, simulation, statistics, or analysis as related to understanding the behavior and performance of existing or proposed engineering solutions
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Leadership experience managing others using applied system engineering principals and interfacing with multiple engineering disciplines
- Experience developing signal processing / GNC algorithms or models for missile applications
- Experience with Control Hardware Design and Test
- Experience modeling physics and physical systems as related to flight dynamics
- Experience using Software Configuration Management tools
- Course work or experience in some of the following fields: radar, signal & image processing, digital communications, estimation theory, optimal control, system architecture, inertial navigation, guidance theory
- Experience with radar and/or EO/IR environment models
- Experience using UNIX/Linux based workstations
- Experience with hardware/software integration
- Experience developing and presenting technical briefings
- Experience working on a team and independently
- Coursework or experience in some of the following fields: radar signal processing, digital communications, probability and statistics, linear algebra, and signals & systems
- Current/Active DoD security clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey, or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package including compensation, healthcare, wellness, retirement, work/life benefits, career development and recognition programs. Some of the best benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Requires theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree. Limited to some knowledge of RTX organization.
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.