This position requires 12 months or less of relevant professional work experience (excluding internships).
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $5K Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonus is not permitted for internal candidates**
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Diversity is a part of our culture and a key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the world's hardest problems. We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world's most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation.
As part of the Software Products Engineering (SPE) team, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation defense and security solutions. By any measure, RMD is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.
The Software Products Engineering (SPE) organization develops flight software applications, including integration and test on missiles, launchers, fire control and other complex systems. Our precision software and firmware integrates operating systems, device drivers, networking, and control software to bring together sensor, guidance, and flight control processing features to complete the mission. Our engineers design, develop, and build innovative solutions for the U.S. Government. Experience all aspects of a software development life-cycle as a member of a fast-paced agile team on the leading edge of:
- Real-time systems design
- Digital signal processing
- Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems
- Cyber Security
- DevOps technologies and methods
A person who is successful in this role:
- Displays initiative and can work well alone or as a member of a team.
- Follows organizational processes and procedures.
- Reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
- Interacts with senior software personnel through both written and verbal communication.
- Produces documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
- Develops complete software solutions, and influences the successful completion of supported programs and projects.
- Understands and utilizes agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Assist and participate in the requirements, design, development and testing of real-time embedded software, application software, and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancement of existing applications and systems.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and document software solutions.
- Participate in internal review of software components and systems.
- Collaborate with project managers and other professionals within Engineering.
- Work on problems with defined scope, schedule, and expectations.
- Follow established development practices and processes to maintain the configuration management of software products.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Experience with C++, C, or Java.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance .
Qualifications We Value:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering.
- College coursework covering modern software languages (such as C, C++, or Java).
- 1 year or more of calculus, physics and computer science studies that include assembly level programming.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of systems software design, operating systems and architectures.
- Prior internship experience.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.
There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. We encourage curious, creative problem solvers to join our team of bright, dedicated software craftspeople in designing and implementing highly innovative systems. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition. Include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation date on your resume.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: .htm
This position is onsite at our campus in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring, and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region, and recognized as one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.