COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:The Mission Readiness Test Lead works for the Mission Readiness department as part of Systems Integration and Test organization at RMS, Moorestown. This meaningful role gives exposure to program leadership and Senior Leadership Team. He/ She works with industry, government, and military partners to execute live test demonstrations and missions, which involve a detailed process punctuated by milestone reviews. The Mission Readiness Test lead provides leadership and technical guidance to prepare for and support the Ballistic Missile Defense, Combat System Ship Qualification Trials, and Integrated Air and BMD missions.
The Mission Readiness Test Lead will support demonstration milestones, such as Mission Planning Review, Mission Analysis Review, Mission Readiness Review, Accreditation Review Panel, and Mission Data Review. As a result, he/she will need to coordinate concurrent efforts including the modeling and simulation performance analysis and the hardware integration testing. He/ She cultivates cooperation across System Integration and Test, Modeling System & Analysis, products, and program management departments to meet mission needs. He/ She will assist with staffing and coordinating the activities of multiple teams at various locations, assess system issues that drive mission risk, and gain approval to proceed with identified risks. This position supports our MDA customers, Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems customers, Lockheed Martin teams, and Warfighters during execution of the mission.
Responsibilities will include:
• Overall ownership and accountability for technical performance during live test demonstrations
• Delegation of work tasks and resource planning for current and anticipated efforts in conjunction with other Systems Engineering units, programs, and product leads
• Collaboration with program leadership (program management office, technical directors, lead systems engineers, etc) to define, communicate, and coordinate mission priorities within cost, schedule, and scope, adhering to Earned Value Management techniques
• Preparation and Presentation at critical mission milestone reviews
• Assessment and Communication of mission risk to internal and external review boards
• "Cradle to grave" oversight of pre-mission, execution, and post-mission status for live test demonstrations
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Knowledge of System of System level engineering
- Experience in software testing through system integration or automated test methodologies.
- Strong risk management experience and expertise, including identification, mitigation and abatement planning and tracking.
- Experience leading project teams and major system demonstrations
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
• Experience in operations/performance analyses of complex weapon systems and/or Aegis Combat Systems.
• Experience working closely with USN customer and customer representatives in defining test plans, procedures resolving test documentation comments, defining test schedules and ensuring concurrence on verified requirements.
• Knowledgeable on Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) concepts and system design
• Experience working on one or more of the following areas: concept development; system design; performance requirements definition, development, design, modeling, simulation, integration, test; integration and test of large real-time systems; analysis.
• Must have strong analytical, problem solving, leadership skills and demonstrated ability to comprehend and work successfully with complex computer programs.
• Demonstrated strong teamwork, communication (both verbal and written), and presentation skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.