At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing National Team
is a collaborative organization consisting of Defense Industry Partners who work closely with the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) in support of vital missile defense missions.
Boeing is seeking a Software Engineer
to join the National Team
to perform modeling and simulation software development for Missile Defense Systems (MDS) Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) capabilities. The intent of these simulations is to explore new algorithms and approaches for improved design requirements to include recommended architectural changes. Boeing
offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous Paid Time Off (PTO), flexible work environment
, paid parental leave, 401k matching, very generous tuition assistance
for earning advanced degrees, and paid medical leave programs. For more information, click here . Position Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite.
- Develop software solutions using C++ and MATLAB on a Linux Operating System
- Develop and run Distributed Interactive Simulations (DIS) in a multi-process software architecture using TCP/IP and UDP communication protocols
- Develop and perform software verification and validation activities
- Work with databases such as MySQL
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline engineering team using Agile development processes
The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. (Huntsville, AL)This position requires an active U.S. SECRET Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active) This position is contingent upon award.Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
Preferred Qualification (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Active Secret US Security clearance with investigation date less than 5.5 years
- 5 or more years of experience in developing software using C++
- Experience with modeling and simulation software development
- Experience developing software using Linux OS
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with TCP/IP or UDP communication protocols
- Experience with Database development
- Experience with Data Visualization
This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.