Apply for this job now
Nurse Educator (FT) - Psych/ED Behavioral Educator
- Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Job Type
- 5 Aug 2022
Apply for this job now
Nurse Educator - Psych / Emergency Department Behavioral Educator
Full time, Days
The mission of the Nursing Education Center (NEC) is to promote and support the overarching nursing strategic plan and initiatives originated by the CNO and the Center for Nursing Excellence. We accomplish this through the development and implementation of programs based on adult learning theories and best practice for nursing education. Our work includes initial onboarding, clinical area orientation, competence assessment (initial and ongoing), preceptor excellence program, and ongoing professional development for nurses throughout their career journey at D-H.
The centralized department structure will facilitate the development of skills in critical thinking, clinical reasoning, effective communication, and interdisciplinary collaboration for D-H nurses. We collaborate with subject matter experts and ancillary departments in creating educational programs and annual competence plans to meet the needs of practice settings for ambulatory, emergency, inpatient, perioperative, and procedural. We utilize evidence-based concepts and programs related to patient safety and quality process improvement throughout our nursing education programs.
We support the successful transition to professional practice for nurses through a nurse residency program. We foster transition to clinical practice in desired specialty areas with experiential learning activities including simulation education. We facilitate in the development of nurses as preceptors through evidence-based curriculum
• Designs and develops centralized orientation programs, and identifies and develops adjunct faculty to deliver content.
• Responsible for staff development and competency in application of the nursing process and performance of critical thinking and clinical skills for that population.
• Engages regularly with professional team huddles, interdisciplinary rounds, and other forums to facilitate assessment and identification of educational needs.
• Performs needs assessment, develops, designs, implements and evaluates evidenced based educational materials utilizing principles of instructional design for adult learners.
• Facilitates ongoing educational initiatives including nursing orientation, preceptor education and other unit level and organizational learning initiatives.
• Consultant to the Nursing Education enterprise including but not limited to the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational competencies and regulatory practice requirements.
• Promotes understanding of best practices in education among clinical nurses, clinical supervisors and other leaders to empower these individuals to become education champions and engage nurses in supporting each other s learning and clinical practice.
• Consults to regional and system initiatives as needed.
Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
Master s degree in Nursing (MSN) required.
Certified in specialty or completed within the first 18 months of hire.
2 years of education or professional development preferred.
3 years of clinical experience in identified specialty.
Excellent informatics, verbal and written communications skills desired
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.
Department: Nursing Education: D-H Lebanon-MHMH
Order ID: 220001FD
- Job Reference: 678579975-2
- Date Posted: 5 August 2022
- Recruiter: D-H Medical Center
- Location: Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent