Opportunity to join an 'Outstanding' education setting as an experienced Operations Manager, preferably from the education sector. You will be joining an enthusiastic and supportive team committed to raising standards. Superb onsite facilities and outstanding benefits package. The role offers development for the future and is a standard 37 hours working week.
Operations Manager - Education - About The Role
Key responsibilities lie in:
Health & Safety
Site & Maintenance
Reception & Administration
- Responsible for managing the Reception team.
- Responsible for line-managing support staff.
- Responsible for overseeing school wide communication including the emailing of information to parents through Schoolcomms software.
- Lead and manage the Site Team to provide high quality caretaking, maintenance and security services to the School buildings and grounds.
- Oversee the premises email box and allocate tasks/jobs as required.
- Ensure suitable premises standards are achieved and maintained, to optimise the teaching environment.
- Manage effective repairs and improvements.
- Be the Health and Safety lead for the school.
- Oversee all H&S checks.
- Minibus and quad bike maintenance, safety and training.
- Midas training.
- Site team training to include quad bike, legionella's, PAT testing, lone working.
- Monitor & manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources & undertaking audits as required.
- Manage records, information & data, producing analysis & reports.
- Ensure the efficient and effective use of the school assets.
The successful Operations Manager - Education will have:
- Working knowledge Health and Safety legislation.
- A sound knowledge of facilities management.
- An understanding of school management issues and the role of the Governing Body is desirable.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills including managing deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- An ability to use initiative and prioritise work.
- Being accurate and well organised in approach to work.
- Skills and confidence to coach and mentor staff and tackle underperformance.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven success in the management of excellent administrative, technical, clerical and customer service support functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful and relevant leadership experience.
Operations Manager - Education - Benefits
- Very competitive package including:
- Local government pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- MyRewards Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 day hols - flexible
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £100 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)