At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial is seeking a Paint Sprayer
to support their team in Everett, WA
and Renton, WA Associated Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options Candidates must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Work with employees of lower classification engaged in aircraft, missiles, or space vehicles painting to insure completion of work assignment.
- Perform touchup and pickup painting, both spray and brush, per inspection requirements. Prepare surfaces to assure proper adhesion and/or perform any hand or power finishing of painted surfaces.
- Prepare to proper consistency various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, etc.
- Spray and/or brush any required prime necessary to accomplish work assignments.
- Clean and service spray guns, paint tanks, brushes, hoses and related equipment after using.
- Mask required areas to facilitate corrosion removal or painting operations.
- Prepare and set up all equipment and supplies to perform work assignment, such as fall protection, protective removable equipment, etc.
- Coordinate with other organizations, such as safety, environmental and fire, to ensure shop is prepared for certain paint operations.
- Operate lifts in order to accomplish work assignment.
- Support customer inspections as required.
- Operate ovens and ensure the curing and air filtering equipment are functioning in proper mode for current process, such as oven temperature, booth pressure drop, breathing air, humidity, etc. and document as required.
- Monitor and maintain time sensitive materials/processes.
- Apply temporary protective materials, such as elephant hide, mats, etc., to facilitate follow-on operations.
- Obtain and maintain any certifications and qualifications as required.
- Must have 1 or more years of experience in Painting
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must have the ability to complete Fall protection training
- Experience working from heights & using fall protection equipment with weight limitations
- Experience finishing and painting in either Aircraft, Automotive or Marine Industry
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, technical publications and/or specifications
This position is for all shifts Relocation:
This position does offer relocation to eligible candidates Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. Union Representation Statement:
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinists (IAM-751) Collective Bargaining agreement. Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.